Honeywell quartz clock component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Honeywell quartz clock component

I have a very similar timer module in a Honeywell Chronotherm thermostat. My 2/3AAA solder-tab battery was also dead, but it caused the timer to stop. I tried a test with a AA alkaline battery, but 1.5 volts caused it to run fast. A NiMH AA battery worked great as a temporary fix. I simply used a heavy rubber-band to hold the leads onto the battery. That was the good news. The bad is that an hour ago I went to solder in a std AAA battery holder so I could use a std AAA NiMh and screwed up! I neglected to remove the thermostat before soldering and the grounded tip of the iron drew a spark when it touched the battery wire. Now the clock is dead. I'm just beginning debug. Any suggestions? I'm a retired EE, but don't have a scope handy. I also neglected to recall which battery lead I had touched with the iron. I would love qualified suggestions!

By the way, the other number on your Eurosil 1115A, 1585, should be a date code of the 15th week of 1985 (mine is 4887 or 48th wk of 1987). That should help you date your unit. My thermostat was installed in 1989.

Comment

It looks like an extremely similar timer subassembly was used in the very popular Honeywell Chronos T8082A series thermostats such as T8082A-1148 (and maybe T8095 series such as the T8095A1002). Look for them on eBay and use one as a parts source.

Comment

I'm sorry, this is only a hobby for me, so for more advanced troubleshooting I hope one of the guys helping me can give you some help. I would recommend you to upload pictures of the timer, so they have something to work from.

As for my own clock, I received the battery on Friday, and completed the repairs according to my last posting above yesterday. The clock has been running directly of mains for about 30 hours now, with little or no drift in time. I plan to let it run another 18 hours of mains, then let the battery run down, before I desolder it of the mains cable. I'll upload pictures of the repaired unit tomorrow.
        ------------
        Be a mensch

Comment

Working...
        X