Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell U27173HMt 27 inch screen flickering and lines

Hello guys,

I got a faulty Dell monitor with LCD Panel LM270WQ1. The picture flickers, got lines and blur as u can see in the attachments.

No burn marks especially on the motherboard, tcon board and power board (of course since the monitor can be turned on).

I have checked some voltages from the tcon board as below:

VGH 19.5v
    VGL -5.92v

From the cof board:
    VCOM-R 5.4v
    VCOM-R -5.4v

If anyone of you have encounter the issue as titled above and manage get it fixed feel free to share tips and tricks. I think the lcd itself is shorted to ground but any workaround to get it work again?

Many thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Dell U27173HMt 27 inch screen flickering and lines

To me it looks like the LED light bulbs are failing either because of age or are being over driving them because of the color of the screen

Also I see some of LEDs brighter than others which makes me come to this conclusion I could be completely wrong but when I have over driven white LEDs like that I have seen them change colors like this

Try this go to setup in the monitor and lower the brightness to the point that you can almost not be able to see the screen anymore and see if the color of the LEDs change if it does then this is probably your problem

I googled the device number U2713HMt” and it does have LEDs for the back lights “

I can not tell you anything about the lines on the screen unless you have bad capacitors on the switching power supply section of the board

I hope this helps
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 04-17-2022, 08:12 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
      To me it looks like the LED light bulbs are failing either because of age or are being over driving them because of the color of the screen

Also I see some of LEDs brighter than others which makes me come to this conclusion I could be completely wrong but when I have over driven white LEDs like that I have seen them change colors like this

Try this go to setup in the monitor and lower the brightness to the point that you can almost not be able to see the screen anymore and see if the color of the LEDs change if it does then this is probably your problem

I googled the device number U2713HMt” and it does have LEDs for the back lights “

I can not tell you anything about the lines on the screen unless you have bad capacitors on the switching power supply section of the board

I hope this helps
      hey sam, thanks for the heads up..i think better if look at the LED lights as u suggested. thanks again.

Comment

@pronester did you have any luck yet? I have a 2717 that intermittently does this, it will have a similar display and also emit a hissing type sound. Pressing the front power button off and then back on typically resolves it (sometime s few time) so I suspect that something is on its way out.

Comment

Originally posted by atunguyd View Post
          @pronester did you have any luck yet? I have a 2717 that intermittently does this, it will have a similar display and also emit a hissing type sound. Pressing the front power button off and then back on typically resolves it (sometime s few time) so I suspect that something is on its way out.
          hi atunguyd..sorry for the late reply..nope..i havent sort it out yet..most probably the panel is shorted to ground
          as for your situation i think might be the power board/supply issue

Comment

Working...
          X