Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 - Weird BLOD Problem - Still Turns On Sometimes

Hi folks!

I'm new here. And I'm new to the world of electronics and repair. My PS4 suffers from the blue light of death. I have tried the washer method, cleaning it and replacing thermal paste and also replacing the hard drive.

What's weird about this blue light of death is that it will boot up, but when it restarts or is turned off it won't turn back on again unless it's left for a significant amount of time. Usually a few hours to a day or two.

Would this still be an APU problem or is there anything else I could look into checking?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks folks!

Re: PS4 - Weird BLOD Problem - Still Turns On Sometimes

blod can be many things I would suggest to reflow all the ram chips as a starting point. the chips are a lot smaller so temp setting should be around 200 degrees and flow each chip for around 90 seconds each one, also use flux, best is kingbo rma flux and mask off any other small components that might be near the ram. let us know how that goes.

Comment

Re: PS4 - Weird BLOD Problem - Still Turns On Sometimes

Exactly which PS4 model is this? As newbie_unlocker mentioned, there are a ton of causes for BLOD and it would help to know which version of the console you're running. Launch consoles were most affected by the APU solder connection issue which is very commonly remedied with the washer trick. The newer models like the pro however, don't generally have the same issues.

Comment

Working...
      X