TP-Link TL-SF1005 Switch Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TP-Link TL-SF1005 Switch Problem

Hi guys, I have a two switches.(TL-SF1005) but we have a problem. the led lights up constantly sometimes flashing. I gave heat to the main chip but this is not working. what can I do? thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by murat0606; 12-14-2020, 12:50 PM.

Re: TP-Link TL-SF1005 Switch Problem

replace the electrolytic caps with something good like panasonic FR series.
    the smaller one looks domed and caps dont last in this type of gear.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      replace the electrolytic caps with something good like panasonic FR series.
      the smaller one looks domed and caps dont last in this type of gear.
      Hi, which component? Capacitor?

Comment

yes, c2 and c6

Comment

After a storm or overvoltage? I am not sure that replacing the caps will fix the problem.
          Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
          1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

Good luck... I've had to delegate most of my failed network switches to the round file, usually not capacitor failure but rather switch chip failure :-(

Have two flaky 8-port Gbit switches (Dell(managed), D-Link), a third 8-port Gbit switch that failed (SMC), a 5-port Gbit switch that has two bad ports (hawking), and a failed 8-port 10/100 (noname...). All I can do is just find cheap ones and keep swapping them out, still using the flaky ones as much as I can as they still work if not disturbed, and I have another D-link (managed) and netgear in the spare bin picked up from a second hand shop.

(I sure hope I don't have to fall back to a 24-port 10/100 switch...uugghh)

For me, it almost seems to me network switches die as quickly as GPUs for some reason or another, and it's always the switch chip/GPU versus PSU issues.

Comment

probably heat,
              they used to be in fan cooled cases with heatsinks on the chips - now they are often just closed ovens

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
                Good luck... I've had to delegate most of my failed network switches to the round file, usually not capacitor failure but rather switch chip failure :-(
                I found a solution for TPLink routers, where the led of the port is glowing, but dimmed and you don't have a ping to it or where the switch restarts. For the routers, ground the output to this port before the transformers. The IC will disable this port as shorted and the rest of the router will work. The ping will return to normal. For the bad ports, if they lead to restart of the switch or heating, disable these chips. If not - use until dies. If it's only one chip, you have to replace it, so better buy new one. It is a chip failure, but sometimes grounding/shorting the outputs of the chip connected to the port that is causing problems returns is to working condition, although with 1 port less.
                I saved numerous WR740 by shorting the problematic port. And after this they continue to work. Behaviour is this.
                1. Start the router.
                2. One of the LAN leds glows constantly.
                3. Ping disappears shortly after starting or no ping at all.
                4. Ground the outputs of the IC to the damaged port. Just one big blob of solder connecting every pin of the RJ45 socket of the damaged port.
                5. Ping returns, router works for months/years.
                Stupid and simple fix. I really don't have spare transformers, IC-s and so on. And this costs almost nothing.
                Usually the IC just turns off the shorted port.
                Last edited by televizora; 12-16-2020, 07:31 AM.
                Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
                1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

Originally posted by televizora View Post
                  I found a solution for TPLink routers, where the led of the port is glowing, but dimmed and you don't have a ping to it or where the switch restarts. For the routers, ground the output to this port before the transformers. The IC will disable this port as shorted and the rest of the router will work. The ping will return to normal. For the bad ports, if they lead to restart of the switch or heating, disable these chips. If not - use until dies. If it's only one chip, you have to replace it, so better buy new one. It is a chip failure, but sometimes grounding/shorting the outputs of the chip connected to the port that is causing problems returns is to working condition, although with 1 port less.
                  I saved numerous WR740 by shorting the problematic port. And after this they continue to work. Behaviour is this.
                  1. Start the router.
                  2. One of the LAN leds glows constantly.
                  3. Ping disappears shortly after starting or no ping at all.
                  4. Ground the outputs of the IC to the damaged port. Just one big blob of solder connecting every pin of the RJ45 socket of the damaged port.
                  5. Ping returns, router works for months/years.
                  Stupid and simple fix. I really don't have spare transformers, IC-s and so on. And this costs almost nothing.
                  Usually the IC just turns off the shorted port.
                  Can you show it practically? (images tutorial)

Comment

probably heat,
                    they used to be in fan cooled cases with heatsinks on the chips - now they are often just closed ovens
                    Yes I think this is low price product.

Comment

After a storm or overvoltage? I am not sure that replacing the caps will fix the problem.
                      I dont know.

yes, c2 and c6
                      Ok, I will try, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by murat0606 View Post
                        Can you show it practically? (images tutorial)
                        I don't have photos of this fix, because I don't consider it true fix.
                        It's workaround to use already dying device with no guarantees.
                        I had some successes, but this is not a true fix. The problem is that these chips are custom, you cant replace them with general purpose chips. You either have to find and order exactly this chip or scrap the device. Replace the caps in your switch. Also, check the voltages after the buck-down converter. These switches usually have 5-9-12V PSU. The IC requires 3.3 or lower voltages. And this device is so cheap, that is not deserving this kind of attention.
                        Last edited by televizora; 12-17-2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

I don't have photos of this fix, because I don't consider it true fix.
                          It's workaround to use already dying device with no guarantees.
                          I had some successes, but this is not a true fix. The problem is that these chips are custom, you cant replace them with general purpose chips. You either have to find and order exactly this chip or scrap the device. Replace the caps in your switch. Also, check the voltages after the buck-down converter. These switches usually have 5-9-12V PSU. The IC requires 3.3 or lower voltages. And this device is so cheap, that is not deserving this kind of attention.
                          Thanks for interesting. You're right. Agree with you is not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                          X