42pfl3606h/12 Phillips tv powersupply/backlight problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 42pfl3606h/12 Phillips tv powersupply/backlight problem

Tom66 is very busy at the moment and won't be able to repair my board for me so I just decided to replace the whole board and am finding it hard to find a replacement part, can anybody point me towards a site that would stock it? When I search for it I jus look for parts and the model number of my TV, is this the best way to find it or is der a specific part number for the board that I should be searching for?

Comment

whats the number from the power supply you need?

Comment

Tom66 is very busy at the moment and won't be able to repair it for me so I've decided to try to replace the board but I'm finding it hard to find one, could anybody point towards a site that would stock what I need. I tried searching for parts for the model number of the TV with no luck but is there a number for the specific part I need that I should be looking for?

Comment

I'm not sure what the number is where will I find it? Its just printed on the board I guess is it?

Comment

I looked without success off your model number, can we get a picture of the sticker on the back to see what the chassis number is?
            Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

Is this the sticker your looking for?
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes the chassis is TPM6.1E LA, with that info I did find a service manual. The power supply appears to be made by Bush, I found several that were very close, but none with the same number (715G4802-P01-H20-003H) Im wondering if there was a more popular version with the same pinouts made? Unfortunately all of our resources on this side of the pond do no good for a European version. I found an amazon listing but of course they are out of stock

as an afterthought have you tried the philips repair call center? says they may contribute to out of warranty repairs
                Last edited by Caleb; 04-30-2014, 01:59 PM.
                Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Ahigherprimate View Post
                  Is this the sticker your looking for?
                  Hi.
                  Did you have any look with your tv?i have the same tv as yours and one part on the board blow up the last day..IC905..just wondering if you got another board some where.
                  thank you
                  Attached Files

Comment

Since you now have no power at all have you checked the fuses? If any have popped you will need to check for a short beyond the fuse before trying a replacement. With the meter on an ohms setting and power applied you will be applying a low resistance across anything you apply the probes to, so the outcome is always likely to be a pop. Always test resistance with the power off.

Comment

Working...
                    X