Philips 40PFL7505d/F7 Clicks & White Light Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 40PFL7505d/F7 Clicks & White Light Flash

I am working on a Philips 40PFL7505d/F7 where the center white light flashes 11 times & then there's a click like it powers off & back on.. then it repeats. Any ideas? Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Philips 40PFL7505d/F7 Clicks & White Light Flash

I unplugged the power board from the main board & the light blinking & clicking stops.

I post questions here pretty often. I want to say.. if I cannnot repair a tv (including this one) and someone here helps me through it. I will send you $20 via paypal... check or money order.

Comment

Not that I want your $20, I just rather want to return help to the forum in which others have helped me.
      First check if all fuses are good and check for shorts on diodes and transistors on the power supply. With everything disconnected from the power supply, try to force it on (jumpering PSON to 5V STBY with a 1k ohm resistor) and check all the voltages. When the power supply is off,only the standby voltage is on, all other voltages are off.

Comment

Thanks CapLeaker.... fuses are good... I am going to have some time tonight & check the other items.

Comment

You may want to read this:
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36533

Comment

Thanks... it says in posts that its the main & or power board. What do you think it is?

Comment

dunno yet. There are a few possibilities. Either the main board is turning the power supply on and off all the time, could be that the power supply senses a short on the secondary and does the cycle process, or there is something else plugged into the power supply that is shorted, just to name a few. Without doing any testing and voltage measurements, my guess is as good as yours! Start with my post #3 and see if the power supply stays on.

Comment

Working...
              X