Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What A Load Of Trash !

This video is an example of trash talk.
    Bad Caps Will Not Cause Lines Out On Any Display FFS !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiqJuMiEiak
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Re: What A Load Of Trash !

lol why would changing capacitors to a higher voltage solve anything if they are not under rated?

There is no way that 35v cap is getting anything over 35v

Comment

Ikr its just a load of rubbish lol and the caps he said to change are part of the audio circuit on that board lol how would that cause issues on the screen
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

There were no video of the before and after. Just a dude talking about some problem and what you should do to "fix" the problem. He guarantee 90% of the TV with the issue will be fixed. I guess most will fall in the other 10%

Comment

Originally posted by TVRepairNoobie View Post
          He guarantee 90% of the TV with the issue will be fixed. I guess most will fall in the other 10%
          Actually he said 99%.

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123
          Bad Caps Will Not Cause Lines Out On Any Display FFS !
          Well, I did have one LCD monitor display garbage on the screen, likely due to high ripple from bad caps in the PSU (the caps did look good, though). After trying many other things first, I finally recapped just the 5V output (used only by the logic and t-con boards). That fixed it right away. No more issues. Been using that monitor on and off for a year now too.

That said, I am definitely not defending the guy in the video. He seems like another clueless "electronics technician" with a camera, just like many others.
          Last edited by momaka; 10-29-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Yeah haha, bad caps can cause interference in the Lvds line but that will affect the whole screen I meant lines/rows of pixels out or multicolored.

Comment

Yeah don't you know? Bad caps in a computer monitor can cause all sorts of problems like happy faces and weird flashing ASCII characters showing up on the screen! Kind of like the post on a computer after the ram check when the old stoned virus came out lol how many of you are old enough to remember that?
              Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-29-2015, 05:40 PM.
              Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Ohh can they thanks for the info will look out for them symptoms lol haha

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                  Yeah haha, bad caps can cause interference in the Lvds line but that will affect the whole screen I meant lines/rows of pixels out or multicolored.
                  I have seen random line glitches, not fixed, caused by a noisy regulator. It's not unreasonable to suggest that bad capacitors could cause that fault. Fixed lines are almost always the panel, especially if there's a limited number of them.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                    I have seen random line glitches, not fixed, caused by a noisy regulator. It's not unreasonable to suggest that bad capacitors could cause that fault. Fixed lines are almost always the panel, especially if there's a limited number of them.
                    I have also seen this on a Cmo panel where a bad regulator caused lots of red lines across the screen and no display. But bad caps I highly doubt will cause this the guy in the video was just talking nonsense tbh

Comment

I tried super big caps to fix th lines but, it didn't work.
                      I found that yellow electrical tape worked better.

I'm not sure why but, It's still hard to see the picture.
                      Dan "TV Tinkerer"

Comment

You're doing it wrong, you need to use a blowtorch to reactivate parts of the panel. Failing that take the TV to your local DIY shop and ask them to cut a glass pane to match the size of the screen. Replace the screen with that and the picture will be perfect, although always white, but few people are concerned about this.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
                          lol why would changing capacitors to a higher voltage solve anything if they are not under rated?

There is no way that 35v cap is getting anything over 35v
                          Exactly...

Manufacturers aren't stupid. Samsung didn't install 10V caps on a 13V rail.

Capacitor lifetime isn't strongly affected by applied voltage. Even up to 20% above the rating only increases leakage current and decreases life slightly, which is hardly noticeable for most electrolytic capacitors. Ceramic caps can be over-rated 200-300% on voltage and generally function fine, although capacitance falls off significantly with voltage this does return when the voltage is normal.

Comment

As you can see I still get part of the picture I guess I shouldn't complain.
                            Dan "TV Tinkerer"

Comment

That's a hell of a nice sony! How much do you want for it?

Comment

Here's an interesting bit of (True) garbage for ya!

In the 1920's/30's, when electronics really was in its infancy, Capacitors of the electrolytic type were sometimes used as Voltage Regulators....

Often electrolytic caps were fluid filled things like cylindrical lead-acid batteries, with different chemicals and metals used....

Also, overvoltage and a fairly high current would cause them to internally spark and knock....

We have come a LONG way!

I wonder if we'll get some bozo on youtube saying to check for knocking caps!
                                TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                                http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                                PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Guess my engine in my bmw m5 is a 1930s capacitor. Huh. Lol

I work on vintage electronics and I have seen you capacitors before and yes they are an interesting breed

Comment

Originally posted by 120volts View Post
                                    I tried super big caps to fix th lines but, it didn't work.
                                    I found that yellow electrical tape worked better.

I'm not sure why but, It's still hard to see the picture.
                                    Haha

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                      You're doing it wrong, you need to use a blowtorch to reactivate parts of the panel. Failing that take the TV to your local DIY shop and ask them to cut a glass pane to match the size of the screen. Replace the screen with that and the picture will be perfect, although always white, but few people are concerned about this.
                                      If its always white your new glass probably has an as15 chip fault

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post
                                        Here's an interesting bit of (True) garbage for ya!

In the 1920's/30's, when electronics really was in its infancy, Capacitors of the electrolytic type were sometimes used as Voltage Regulators....

Often electrolytic caps were fluid filled things like cylindrical lead-acid batteries, with different chemicals and metals used....

Also, overvoltage and a fairly high current would cause them to internally spark and knock....

We have come a LONG way!

I wonder if we'll get some bozo on youtube saying to check for knocking caps!

Comment

Working...
                                        X