No announcement yet.

Panasonic 50VT30 , Blinking 7 times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic 50VT30 , Blinking 7 times.

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
    And now for something completely different, my GT has died again, 6 blink. was fine running for a few hours, was turned off and I just went to fire it up again, 6 blink, no pop but a funny low buzz like a shorted panel, bad buffer maybe?
    Did you end up fixing the 6-blink problem? I found a link online talking about similar scenario as you described.

http://alpengeist-tvrepair.blogspot....330-board.html

Hopefully that will fix your problem.

But I have a different problem. My tnpa5335 had the 7 blinks of death. After replacing the components on the SN with a repair kit, and replacing 2 shorted mosfets + secondary fuse on P board, the TV worked nicely. After watching a full length movie (approx 2 hours) i heard a loud bang and then 7 blinks again. Checked the SN board, and the repair kit components failed again, but the P board was fine.

I need to know...is there any higher rated components in the market today to replace the 30F131 and RJP30H2A igbt's so that it doesnt fail again???

Comment

Ive been working on a 55vt30 that uses this same tnpa5335. It had the "normal" shorted igbt and diode from loose screws, I also replaced ic502 and q531 as they came in the kit and one of the gate resistors (for igbt) was open. Are there any other suspects on this board? Really hoping for a successful power up but going over the board another time or two to try and make sure I didn't miss anything.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Caleb; 03-22-2016, 09:01 AM.
      Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

I had a 65" with 7 blinking lights and only one buffer board shorted out and shorted out a bunch of parts on the SC Board... All the boards fixed mine...

Comment

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV P65ST50 that was damaged by a lightening strike. The repair consisted of replacement of the board with the HDMI inputs. It worked fine for about 3 months when it began displaying "the 7 blinks of death". When I turned it off it would work fine for about 10 minutes before the screen would go dark and the LED would blink 7 times. After reading up on possible resolutions on the AVS forum, I replaced the SD, the SU and the SC boards purchased from Shop Jimmy with no success. I then replaced the power supply but that didn't help. Still the 7 blinks after about 10 minutes of run time. I am at wits end and am ready to haul the TV to the dump for disposal. Anyone out there have any last ditch suggestions? Thanks

Comment

I went through that tpna5335 several times and couldnt find any other faults, so I plugged it back in along with the buffers and everything works. Hopefully it wont have any premature failures. On a side note this was the first time I got all the ribbons aligned correctly on the first try

@mhmohlere have you tested the ss for shorted igbts? Also test your replacement boards for shorts? ShopJimmy is usually pretty good about it but it doesnt mean you didnt get a bad one. If you follow the testing sequence you may be able to isolate the specific board.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Caleb; 03-25-2016, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Good job Caleb! Do you have a good picture? If so , Can you tell me your TPVsus voltage?
              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I don't think mhmohlere has shorted IGBT's. Once shorted they stay shorted.... ( In my opinion ).

I guess one of the cables is not seated correctly. Maybe because of heat it's not seated properly?
                I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

moreno have to agree with you I missed the part about "works for a while" = no major shorts. Ive got a 2007 panasonic with a similar issue that Ive yet to track down, sometimes it works for days, I think it is likely a connection going open with heat, cracked joint or trace somewhere.

Unfortunately I buttoned this one back up and it is back in the living room at its owners so no TPVsus measurement.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb View Post
                    I went through that tpna5335 several times and couldnt find any other faults, so I plugged it back in along with the buffers and everything works. Hopefully it wont have any premature failures. On a side note this was the first time I got all the ribbons aligned correctly on the first try

@mhmohlere have you tested the ss for shorted igbts? Also test your replacement boards for shorts? ShopJimmy is usually pretty good about it but it doesnt mean you didnt get a bad one. If you follow the testing sequence you may be able to isolate the specific board.
                    On one try? Took me like 30 minutes or more on my p55gt30. Made me sweat. I was ready to throw the TV out. Lol

Comment

Thanks for your input. Here's the latest on my continuing ordeal. I turned on my TV yesterday and it stayed on for about 10 minutes. This time when it shut down there were no LED flashes at all. When I turned it back on it stayed on for about twenty minutes before shutting down. After I unplugged it I wiggled several of the wires to include the TC-PT65ST50 power supply board to main board cable. I then hooked up my DVR to the TV and was able to play content for several hours. Thinking I had solved the problem (silly me) I put the back on the TV and moved it into the living room where I connected it to the satellite cable. It stayed on for a glorious 10 minutes before briefly displaying some horizontal static lines and then went black. The LED light began the dreaded 7 blinks. Is it possible that the culprit might be the power supply board to main board cable? Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Comment

7 blinks is 90% of the time a SC board problem. Could you remove the back and tighten all the screws on all boards?

Comment

I'm going to remove the back this afternoon. I've already replaced one SC board (and a SD from Shop Jimmy and a SU board from Ebay (less expensive but arrived fairly casually wrapped). I tightened all the screws since I have read about some of the problems loose screws can cause. It was after this and connecting the set to my DVD that I got it to run for about 2 hrs before turning it off. I wonder if I should send off for another SC, SD and SU board or would I just be spinning my wheels. You indicated in response to my previous post that it might be improper cable seating. Thanks

Comment

Moreno83 and Caleb While acting on your suggestion to check all cable connections I discover a dark smudge on the A Board on my Panasonic P65ST50 (see attached photo). Could this be the culprit for the 7 blinking lights? As previously stated the TV will run several minutes before shutting down and displaying the 7 blinking lights. I have already replaced the SC, SD, SU and power supply boards. The A board was supposedly replaced when I took the TV in for repair after the lightning strike. It worked fine for about 3 months before shutting down and displaying the 7 blinks.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Regarding my previous post: I neglected to mention that I discovered that two of the mounting screws for the A board were missing. Apparently they were omitted when the "new" A board was installed by the repair technician.

Comment

@malachi yep first try, but not the first try on Panasonics probably spent 3 hours on the first one I did.
                                @moreno, it looks like I will be able to test that measurement as it decided to blow up over the weekend again, so I will be opening it up again fairly soon.
                                @mhmohlere as I recall the a board is the one responsible for the blink codes and while it would be unusual it could be something on the a board can we see some close up pictures of the smudge? also put the screws in and see if it continues?

Comment

My experience with SC ( seven blinks ) and SS ( eight blinks ) failure indicates a very common repair principle over-looked ! If you ever get to work on one with the obvious symptom of buzzing noise coming from the SC and/or SS boards you will appreciate what I am about to tell you.I just finished a thorough final complete repair on a TC-P55VT50.
                                  I opened to find very loose screws on SC and one or two loose on SS. Panasonic has said replace with new ( Part # XYN3+F6FJ-18PK ) [ NO LONGER AVAILABLE ]!!
                                  I had one package left so I want this repair solid and no recall down the line.
                                  Do not attempt this repair by simply tightening the original screws !! Practice Visual
                                  Acuity and closely examine the ground surfaces on each screw removed. You will find black evidence of bad ground connects on the top and bottom of each ! Clean ( I scrape with razor blade ) ALL ground contact points even where board sits on chassis pan. Do not use original screws ! They are cheap junk ! Next, take the time to properly solder all the legs of every FET that look suspect on SC and SS ! Thankfully,my good customer brought his in with the " buzzes" symptom before it crashed hard doing harm as we all have seen ! One recent customer telling me he heard buzzing some days before the "loud bang" ! So, please address what starts many catastrophic failures = bad ground connects !! My repair is on test run with speakers off and is totally quiet !
                                  A final side note = I use the exact part Panasonic installed unless an upgrade is used as a sub recommended by the manufacturer or a qualified senior technician.

HTH

Comment

I sent my A Board off to have it repaired. Couldn't find a replacement. Everyone seems to to be out of stock. Will advise if that fixes the problem.

Comment

Hi Terry ,

It's a common problem with these tv's. My VT30 had the same problem.

Comment

(posting here, since I cannot yet create new thread)
                                        Thanks badcaps for helping me out, a huge shout out to tw2005 for his posts.

I frustrated myself by the hack method I removed IC502 (BD8693FVM) on my TNPA5330 board (Panasonic 42" VT30 from April 2011).
                                        I have the symptoms of the blown fuse on the TNPA5390 (and transistors q300 and q301) caused by the shorting of components in TNPA5330.
                                        Soldering on both sides of ic502 and sliding it off... and you can guess what happened. Some of the pads came off.

Luckily, there was a service manual posted for a GT30 model, showing the connections for IC502, and luckily the pads that pulled off are pins 4, 5, 6 - all NC.

pic, still need to clean up the board, and solder in the new part(s).

Chris
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by badcaps007 View Post
                                          (posting here, since I cannot yet create new thread)
                                          Thanks badcaps for helping me out, a huge shout out to tw2005 for his posts.

I frustrated myself by the hack method I removed IC502 (BD8693FVM) on my TNPA5330 board (Panasonic 42" VT30 from April 2011).
                                          I have the symptoms of the blown fuse on the TNPA5390 (and transistors q300 and q301) caused by the shorting of components in TNPA5330.
                                          Soldering on both sides of ic502 and sliding it off... and you can guess what happened. Some of the pads came off.

Luckily, there was a service manual posted for a GT30 model, showing the connections for IC502, and luckily the pads that pulled off are pins 4, 5, 6 - all NC.

pic, still need to clean up the board, and solder in the new part(s).

Chris
                                          Interesting to read of the P-board getting whacked on the 42" with a shorted vsus.

Comment

Working...
                                          X