Sharp Aquos LC-70LE650U Turns on and works but displays is slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-70LE650U Turns on and works but displays is slow

Am I pulling them out of the LCD part or pulling the cable off the side board?
    Last edited by m4a2t0t; 11-09-2015, 03:26 PM.

Comment

All the cables on that side of the set have to be CAREFULLY pulled away from the panel. Good luck in your operation... fingers crossed for the success that I and others have had.

Comment

FWIW I was in Costco today and they had an LC-90LExxx set there. Looked awful, only 1080p on a 90" screen.
        It had an intermittent horizontal bar that was coming and going, so it looks like some of the 90" sets may be affected too!
        It was a £7,000 TV! Wonder if they'll let it go cheap..hmm...where to put it??
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Get that extended warranty lol

The set is now working great. The only issue is the vertical line and small white spots along the bottom but they are not that noticeable.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

Good god on a 90 incher!! No wonder why sharp is getting out of the LCD business and selling off to Chinese maker Hisense. Think I'll be selling my LC-80le650u now. Lol. Congrats the tv looks great
            Last edited by freakaftr8; 11-09-2015, 07:11 PM.
            Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

You guys are the best! Saved another one brought down by 1 bad IC.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm having this same problem. I've called around and was told it was the display, had someone look at it and was told it wasn't repairable and not to bother. However after seeing this thread I have some hope of repairing my TV. The only issue is I don't know where to start. Is anyone willing to help me? I tried following what had already been written on this post already, but as I said I'm just not sure where to start. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi wilbanks951, how did your repair issue turn out? I am experiencing the same issue as you on the same exact model TV, when looking at the pictures you attached. Thx.

Comment

If he removed the right side (side of the panel) drivers, that would have solved his problem. Let's see a current working picture of yours to determine what to do next.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in responding. I went overseas and didn't check the thread until this week, plus I had not subscribed to notification.

Attached are some pics of the TV. It looks pretty similar to the previous user's TV.

After I first disassembled the casing, when I touched the right side circuits, the picture would flutter. I cleaned the ribbon cables and it seems to have stabilized the picture to what is seen in the attached pics. Thanks for the advice.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't mess with the right side drivers I would just strip them right off. Another user on this forum only had one small line and after messing with the right drivers he destroyed the whole panel sadly. Messing with the right drivers that are already shorted can undermine and take out the left drivers leaving the LCD panel useless.

Comment

ok, thanks. From what I understand, it involves actually pulling the ribbon cable from where it attaches to the LCD and not from just the driver tabs. I will probably try to take a pic at home tonight, just to confirm, before doing anything irreversible.

Comment

IF you look close at the tabs involved, they do run close to the panel itself and are glued like "scotch tape" onto the panel. In essence, just like you would remove normal tape from a surface, you would use the same technique pulling gently up and watching as the tape slowly releases from the surface. Once done, inspect the surface carefully to ensure that nothing was left behind... you should be able to see the minute underlying contact traces that are left there basically bare. Good luck.

Comment

OK. I realized my earlier pictures were actually with with some of the right side interconnecting cables disconnected. The attached picture shows all of them attached with the netflix splash screen displayed. The right quarter of the screen is distorted.

Also, when I took the right side T-con cable out, the right side was completely white. Similarly when I took the left side T-Con cable out, the left side was completely white.

I took pictures of the right side tab drivers and circled the ribbon cables I believe I should pull off in yellow circles.

Before proceeding, I just want to confirm that is the recommended path, given the new picture I uploaded.

thx
                              Attached Files

Comment

No. Apparently your gate drivers are ok! If in fact that is the picture you're getting with everything connected your gate drivers are fine but you're tcon needs replacing. replace the tcon and you will be golden.
                                Last edited by freakaftr8; 04-19-2018, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Sounds great! I will order and replace the T-Con and report back my findings. Thx.

Comment

Just wanted to report back. I replaced the T-Con board as suggested and got perfect results! Thanks much for the assistance. Who knows how long it will hold up but for now the picture looks great.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Good to hear. Congrats!

Comment

Hi all!

First of all thanks for all the information and help, you guys !

I have the same model with a similar issue but I wanted to make sure if the issue is related with Tcon or bad driver. Here are the details ;
                                        • Initially, TV wasn't turning on, no backlight, no picture, solid led-light.
                                        • Removed back cover, applied small pressured to Tcon and TV start showing "3-short 1-long" error on led-light.
                                        • Removed right strip (left connected) from Tcon, no backlight, "3-short 1-long" error on led-light.
                                        • Removed left strip (right connected) from Tcon, image on right, full white on left (see image), tv functioning normally on the right side.
                                        • Removed both strips from Tcon, backlight on, no error.
                                        • Connected both strips to Tcon, no backlight, "3-short 1-long" error on led-light.

I'm wondering if this is just a Tcon board issue or a bad driver. I can buy and replace Tcon but not sure about how I can identify and remove driver (not sure what it's called).

Thank you so much for the help!
                                        Cheers!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

although the test of removing the tcon to panel cables is good... it doesn't tell all the story as you can't see what if anything is happening on the "disconnected half". A better test is to look for the small ribbon cable at the bottom corner of the panel... it connects the bottom edge boards to the side edge boards. This cable in "unpluggable" allowing you to disconnect it / reconnect it carefully. This will isolate the side of the panel from the bottom and you will get a better picture of what is happening as there should no longer be a "white half". try that "test" and post the results. go from there.

Comment

Working...
                                          X