Sharp Aquos TV LC-60LE644U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos TV LC-60LE644U

I have a Sharp Aquos TV LC-60LE644U for the past 6 months I have noticed that almost every few nights after the TV has been on for a little the screen would turn green/multicolor or just freezes and have a high pitched screeching sound before it turns off. Some times it turns right back on, other times it needs to sit for 5-10 min before it will restart. The last time it happened it wouldn't turn on for a few days. I get a red standby light on the front of the TV. I checked the outlet and power supply, I have standby voltage on the power supply (5V) both 12v wires give 12v. How can I tell if its the main board (NQP890M0005N00) or the Power Supply? I found the service manual and I was not sure what to test first. I attached a few photos of the boards.

https://issuu.com/portal-da-eletroni...arp_lc-60le644

Any advice is appreciated thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp Aquos TV LC-60LE644U

Sounds like mainboard failure. Ot locks up due to bad connections under the main processor or may be RAM related. Either way, replace the mainboard and you'll be back in business.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

my bet is a bad main board. I also suspect bad solders under the main IC.

Comment

Nice to see people fixing these Aquos TV's...they sure have a nice picture and a real hot OTA tuner.
        They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Update. TV started working randomly for a year then just stopped again. This time no picture but sound works fine. Have a blue glow to the tv so I assume that’s the back light. Sometimes it will turn on but have a constant humming buzzing sound. Will stay on till we turn it off then won’t get a picture again for a few days. I couldn’t find a main board to purchase. Anyone know where I can buy one if you think that’s still the issue?

Comment

Take the mainboard out and check for cold/bad/cracked solder joints on the bottom side, look closely, sometimes they look good but can still be bad or loose.

Comment

Maybe check tcon fuse F101, see if you have about 12 volts on each side of fuse, neg. - probe on chassis ground, pos. + probe on each side of fuse.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-31-2020, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Could try heating with a hairdryer or cooling with freezespray/inverted can of duster, U3 on FRC board, smaller board next to mainboard, wait about 15 seconds, plug tv in and see if it works even for a bit.

Comment

When tv was working was there any horizontal lines __ __ on the display? Did you try having one ribbon cable at a time disconnected from tcon to panel, then power up and see what you get on display, ALWAYS unplug tv power before disconnect any cables then plug power in after unplug connector. Meaning don't unplug any connectors while power cord is plugged in because the standby is always working and you don't want to accidentally mess anything up with a power surge or any other electrical gremlin type thing.
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-31-2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Don't know if it will do the trick but there's a tcon, sometimes sound and no video is a tcon issue, as always make sure it's a match if you buy it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Element-RUN...0AAOSw~NBdQ0LK

Comment

Working...
                    X