X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Backlight Love /Hate

LED Backlight Love /Hate
    Boy fixing Plasma TV' were such a pain with quite a few boards,
    Then LCD with CCFLs now LCD with LED back light!
    Well now you can pick up a nice TV with bad LEDs.
    Yes a pain to fix but at a low price.

You would think that the manufactures would make it so you could replace the LEDs from the back, LOL ya right. big job low cost in parts, Real bummer.
    Dan "TV Tinkerer"

Re: LED Backlight Love /Hate

I agree here with you totally.....Wish they could start making LED replaceable from the back so we wouldn't have to interfere with the very brittle glass screen.

Comment

Hate them, fucking unreliable pieces of rip off shit but then again they have earned me a fuck tonne of money. Also only real Techs repair can take on Plasmas and enjoy it as we like a good challenge haha
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I think they should design the leds to slide out of the side as an entire board, or individual small boards. And get rid of the power spike that causes most of the led failures, since leds do not require a spike in the power to ignite them.and then they might be on to something. But like reece said, plasmas require a special love for electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by slickrickybobby89 View Post
          I think they should design the leds to slide out of the side as an entire board, or individual small boards. And get rid of the power spike that causes most of the led failures, since leds do not require a spike in the power to ignite them.and then they might be on to something. But like reece said, plasmas require a special love for electronics.
          I agree with that, what they do is start at a higher voltage at a lower current then lower the voltage and up the current for the Pwm and feedback circuits to make sure the Leds are on and lit up, thats the only reason why this does not shorten the life of the Led though.

What kills them is heat caused by them simply being overdriven when on causing huge heat build up across the Led, over time this shorts or causes the Led whisker inside to fail open meaning the Led wont light.

Also yeah Plasmas require good patience and nerves as never know if they will blow at start up
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Lmao Reecey!

Just repairing the leds or ccfl is not that hard. Troubleshooting the faults on the ps or mainboard is the hardest part....

Gotta love electronics though!
            I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by slickrickybobby89 View Post
              I think they should design the leds to slide out of the side as an entire board, or individual small boards.
              Why? They can sell you a brand new tv!

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                Lmao Reecey!

Just repairing the leds or ccfl is not that hard. Troubleshooting the faults on the ps or mainboard is the hardest part....

Gotta love electronics though!
                +1 i do wounder what they will hate or love next when they doing to repair projector LED and they are RGB one

Comment

Working...
                X