Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westinghouse TX-47F430S

hello,

Thank you for welcoming me to your forum. I have a problem with my tv, it does go out the sleep mode. The LED remains orange. Capacitors look good.

Do you have an idea?

thank you

Sorry for my english, I speak french

Knpc
    Last edited by knpc; 11-11-2012, 11:07 AM.

Re: Westinghouse TX-47F430S

Does the TV work normally, then shuts itself into sleep mode?

Or does it stay in sleep mode all the time?

P.S. Your English is fine, and is far better than my French, of which I know about three words.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

The TV stay in sleep mode all the time now, She doesn't work normally

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Do you havera solution for my problem ?

Thanks

Knpc

Comment

You say "all the time now" -- does that mean that it progressively got worse? Do you have a camera that you can take pictures with? If so, take some pictures of the main boards in the TV; the most important are the ones where the power comes in (power board), and the one with the video inputs on it (main board.)
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I bought one of these from a frustrated owner who had a problem with it freezing up.
            After researching the Westinghouse TX-47F430S online I realized it has a lot of problems with hardware and firmware.
            The mainboard has identifiers W421TA FX69 MB and 48.70E01.01A stamped on it. It is used in both the TX-47F430S and the TX-42F430S. It is made in China, so of course it has capacitor problems. All the caps look normal. There is no swelling or leaking.
            C51 seems to be a real problem cap. This is a 470uF 16V located near the U37 sockets (in my photo, it is circled in red). Fortunately I have an ESR meter. This cap measured an amazing 15 ohms. There are also five 220uF 16V caps that had ESR in the range of 0.7 to 1.0 ohms (circled in purple). I believe C51 was the main problem, but I replaced all these caps since I had it open. It has fixed the problem. No more lock ups.
            I have read of others with bad C51. If you are looking for bad caps on this mainboard, I would start with C51. Be aware that it will probably read good on a regular capacitance meter. You will need an ESR meter.
            Attached Files

Comment

The capacitors on this board are made in Japan. The board may have been assembled in China though. In general, electrolytics on main boards don't tend to fail, except when near high-temperature sources like voltage regulators. HannStar, the company that designed the board, has done this... Hopefully you won't have to replace them all!
              Last edited by tom66; 05-19-2013, 03:16 AM.

Comment

I followed your advice but no luck, tv still in sleep mode, any other suggestion.
                Leszek

Comment

So you check the caps with ESR meter and replaced bad one as in post 6?
                  Never stop learning
                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

i got a question.... my mb in my tx-47f430s doesn't have some of the caps that some of the pictures on here have? I replaced C51... I had picture for like 45 mins then it would shut off before I replaced C51.. now it wont come on at all... all the lights light up just no pictures at all now?

Comment

Working...
                    X