Sas backplane sp410423/412736 pinout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sas backplane sp410423/412736 pinout

As HP technical support were unable to help I wonder if anybody out there would have any idea what the voltage requirements are for the DL380 G5 and ML150 G3 backplanes are? I have tried 12v/5/3.3V every which way but loose to no avail.
    Helppppppppppppppp.

Re: Sas backplane sp410423/412736 pinout

I'm a little bit confused with what information you are after. Can you give us some further information, perhaps even an image. What backplane are you talking about? I assume the backplane to the hot-swappable hard drives which I would have assumed would be 12V/5V.

Comment

In the pics I have attached each backplane board has a molex female 10 pin plug. I would like to know the pinout for these. Indeed it may only be 12 and 5 V that is necessary but in what arrangement is the 64 dollar question.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have an old proliant server...when I have some time I will open it up and take a photo of the molex connection. Hopefully that will provide some insight.

Comment

Thank you for your offer.
          I did not include a photo of the cable because regrettably all wires are brown thus not at all helpful.

Comment

Wish I could help out, but all my G5's are still in production. I didn't think the ML150 G3 would be SAS... isn't that SCSI?
            Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Fraid its Serial Attached Scsi. Maybe my close ups arent close enough. Some servers offer both. I have SCSI backplanes coming out of my ears!

Comment

I've got a dead ML350 G5 but if they're all going to be brown that won't help. I have a suspicion some are yellow.

Comment

We all know how manufacturers constantly often subtly modify their production lines. If you have yellow and brown it might help but if it is dead you may not want to disturb it.

Comment

why do you want to know? does it not work? are you trying to adapt it for something else?
                    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Without power they cannot work. I have far more SAS drives than I have working SAS controllers to utilise them. I confess I am a storage freak. I am trying to adapt to something else as I like to set them up as stand alone. Regrettably I was about to measure the voltages on one of the backplanes but fate intervened before I had a chance. The other one came from a dead server anyway.

Comment

Hope these helps.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthrea...=158206&page=8
                        http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...d.php?t=962776

Comment

Thanks heaps.
                          At a glance it looks fantastically informative.
                          Hope to be able to get back to you with success at my end. The molex plug pics alone are awesome.

Comment

that first link would nail it for me.
                            great.now you can use yours and i know what to do with the cage/controller i was offered.

Comment

I found that I had my 5V and 12V connections correct but had not been using the 3.3V.

Without actually connecting it to a SAS-controller-attached system yet I am still getting what I had before though namely all the LED's lighting up and SOLID on power up. This as I say without any data cable connected. This has turned me off from the outset because whilst they normally flash on they should go off (I think until the controller is reading them.). I am wondering whether my experimentation has stuffed this particular backplane (of which I only have one). I will be connecting it properly soon if only to confirm my suspicions but I am still delighted to be able to get such feedback.

Comment

Working...
                              X