Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung LN40A530P1FXZA Solarized distorted pic

Hello,

My Daughter bought this tv 4 yrs ago and this problem has come up, We bought her a new tv for xmas but i cant seem to bring myself to throw this one away as i could use it,

ive done a little research and they seem to point towards the main board or the t-con board so i was gonna replace the main board first but cant seem to find one. The part # on the main board is BN94-01868E,

I guess my question is am i heading in the right direction and is there a different board that i can use in the tv.

here is what the tv looks like

Thanks
    Tim
    Attached Files

Re: samsung LN40A530P1FXZA Solarized distorted pic

First I would try re-seating the cable between the main board and t-con board.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ok thanks i will try that tonight,

Comment

Mr tom66

I just unplugged and replugged the cable between the 2 boards and that seem to do the trick, is there some kind of silicone i should put on there or leave it alone?

i feel kinda of silly it was that simple,

But many thanks to you sir
        if your ever in my part of the country dinner is on me

Here is a updated pic after unplugging and replugging the cables

Thanks
        Tim
        Attached Files

Comment

I've seen it happen many times before; sometimes glue is recommended, but in many cases the cable was not ever seated correctly at the factory and slowly drifted out of place. Putting it back in fixes the problem more or less permanently. The 46" Panasonic plasma in my living room had this fault, too...

I just bought a 32" Toshiba LED TV with this fault (but green over red) - hope it's as similarly easily fixed .
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I hope it works for you to

Many thanks to You

Tim

Comment

I have same model tv with the same problem, tried reseating the cable and does not seem to do the trick. Tried all inputs, played with service menu, factory defaulted. However, ystrday for a second it came back to normal then quickly went back to solarized colors. Any help would be appreciated

Comment

Appears to be a bad tcon due to a defective AS15 or AS19 ic, depending on which panel you have. The part is $5-10 if sourced in the US but replacement is not easy if you haven't done that type of work before.

There are repair services for this on ebay. Type your tcon part number in and have a look. Good luck.

Comment

That's what I thought it was, the famous tcon board. Thanks for your help. BTW, now my tv sound is gone! thought I changed a setting in the service menu, tv is not muted, I factory defaulted it, but still no sound.

Comment

This is weird. I connected my DVD to a HDMI port in the TV, and the picture came back to normal, even the menus look clear, but no sound. So what I did is while the DVD and TV were on, I unplugged the power cables. Waited for a couple minutes, plugged them back on. The TV turned on by itself, and got again good picture. Plugged my Roku USB in HDMI2: got OK picture and all of the sudden the sound came out. But I still think it is the T-con board because the picture is not as crisp as when I bought the TV, but at least I do not see negative or solarized picture anymore.

Comment

I've haven't heard anyone say their ic fails this way. Sounds like intermittent connection.

Comment

I had the same solarization problem with a Samsung LN40A530P1F.
                        I got a new T-con board from a Chinese seller on ebay. Part number V400H1-C03. $44 including shipping.
                        That fixed the problem.
                        If there is abnormal color assignment with the new T-con. You can fix it in service mode. In the "Option Byte" menu, the "type" should be set to 37LC.
                        Last edited by CDGraves; 10-03-2015, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I also have solarization problem but now the tv is 8 years old. I am a complete novice and am not sure where to start! Is there a manual somewhere that shows the two boards to be reseated?

Comment

Originally posted by technomom65 View Post
                            I also have solarization problem but now the tv is 8 years old. I am a complete novice and am not sure where to start! Is there a manual somewhere that shows the two boards to be reseated?
                            Once you open up the back, it should be pretty obvious. The main board will be on the right side (with all the inputs on it). There will be a white, flat cable that is coming out of the top of it. I would try reseating that cable on both ends.

Now, I know this thread is old, but I just picked up this same set. I was having the solarization issue, which was fixed with a new tcon board. Now however, the color starts to go wonky after about 30-40 minutes of it being on. Thin, verticle strips start to appear, with some minor solarization. Could this be another faulty tcon board?

Comment

Run a fan on the Tcon and see if it behaves itself since it may be overheating.
                              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

C102 failing ?

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                                  Run a fan on the Tcon and see if it behaves itself since it may be overheating.
                                  I did notice that it was very warm (I had the back off while testing). I know the board has some silicone type pads on the ICs. Are those supposed to transfer heat to the metal case and act as a sink?

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
                                    C102 failing ?
                                    Which board is that located on?

Comment

Originally posted by lyhtspd View Post
                                      I did notice that it was very warm (I had the back off while testing). I know the board has some silicone type pads on the ICs. Are those supposed to transfer heat to the metal case and act as a sink?
                                      Yes, the silicone pads are for transferring heat from the IC.
                                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

C102 is on the mainboard back side. (if indeed it has a C102).

Comment

Working...
                                        X