Asus GL503V does not power on battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus GL503V does not power on battery

Hi guys, I've got an Asus GL503V that does not turn on when using battery but works perfectly using adapter.

It came in with no power. I resolved the issue by replacing 2 mosfets PQ21, PQ22 and an mlcc 10uf 25v on +VIN_VCCGFX_CORE line.

When I power up the laptop, BIOS detects battery and shows 100%. It's the same when booting up on windows, It shows 100% on taskbar. Despite that still can't turn on using battery.

When adapter is inserted, PCN2 connector pins 1,2 and 3 shows random voltage between 2.6v to 4.6v constantly changing. When battery and adapter is inserted, I only get 0.20v on pins 1,2 and 3 of PCN2 connector.

Can you guys give any idea as to where I should check next?

I don't have schematic for this but I uploaded boardview. Hope someone checks. Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Asus GL503V does not power on battery

I still haven't found any solution to this. I replaced charging IC BQ24780s 3 times. I also replaced PQ82. All surrounding components on PU15 was also checked and found nothing faulty. I even replaced PQ26 and PQ27 just to make sure, but still battery wont charge and voltage on P_MBAT pins 1,2 and 3 is fluctuating. What else could I possibly miss??? I'm beginning to realize that I may not found a fix for this... Hope someone takes a glimpse. Thanks.

PS laptop works perfectly fine, I just cant charge the battery.

Comment

Of course using known good battery?
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

The battery is good, so I ruled it out from the start.

Comment

What hapends if you unplug the charger while laptop is working? (with battery attached)

BAT+ voltage stable?
          PR505 and PR506 resistence ok?
          Last edited by myth77; 03-17-2021, 08:40 AM.

Comment

@myth77

Laptop turns off immediately after removing charger with battery connected.

At B+ I get random voltage between 5v to 8v. Its like ticking with 1 second interval. This happens without battery. If battery is attached I get 0v on B+

PR505 and PR506 resistance is ok (220k ohm)

I got 3.3v on CLK and DATA on PCN2 connector.

I get 100% battery in Bios pls check image. Thanks
            Attached Files
            Last edited by lezsimply; 03-18-2021, 05:01 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

hi there, did you fix it? coz, i have the same problem here with a gu502du. pleas let me know, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by superhache View Post
                hi there, did you fix it? coz, i have the same problem here with a gu502du. pleas let me know, thanks
                Did you try a known good different battery first? It's like 90% of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by superhache View Post
                  Its a different model to the one in this thread. Off-topic Start your own thread .
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I've had 2 laptops in the GL series with the BQ24780s chip with battery issue. Changed the chip and tried two working batteries but couldn't get the battery charging issue sorted. Worked fine on charger.

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
                      I still haven't found any solution to this. I replaced charging IC BQ24780s 3 times. I also replaced PQ82. All surrounding components on PU15 was also checked and found nothing faulty. I even replaced PQ26 and PQ27 just to make sure, but still battery wont charge and voltage on P_MBAT pins 1,2 and 3 is fluctuating. What else could I possibly miss??? I'm beginning to realize that I may not found a fix for this... Hope someone takes a glimpse. Thanks.

PS laptop works perfectly fine, I just cant charge the battery.
                      Hi, friend. were you able to solve the problem? I have the same computer with exactly the same fault. Thanks.

Comment

Give us measurements of BQ24780S pins and we'll help you sort it out. Without any measurements, no one can help. Mentioning only symptoms dont help in technical resolution.

Comment

Hi man
                          Did you solved the problem or not
                          I have the solution if you always need

Comment

Originally posted by razadom View Post
                            Hi man
                            whats the solution bro.

Comment

Originally posted by razadom View Post
                              Hi man
                              I have 3 Asus GL with this problem, can you help?

Comment

@kalu - say what ?

What are the silk screen markings on your logic board ?

Logic board works with adapter but not with battery ?

Are the batteries good and charged or dead at this time ?

Comment

Hello. I had the same problem with a asus laptop, after disasembly the battery was not working. The solution was to put the battery back in, connect the charger, laptop asus starts by itself. After that i press the power button for 1 minute, laptop is power off and after 1 minute of presing the power buton, the laptop is starting and the battery is charging, and power on on battery.

Comment

Working...
                                  X