Asus ROG gl752v dead touchpad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus ROG gl752v dead touchpad

Good day folks. Just thought I'd open up this discussion mostly out of curiosity to see if anyone else had this issue on Asus ROG laptops...or any other laptop for that matter.

The problem is the touchpad is completely dead and I'm suspecting it's a hardware failure: it's not showing up in Device Manager in any way, it doesn't work under Hirens and no amount of restarts and driver reinstalls got it going again. The touchpad has a 4 pin ribbon connector, so I think it's an I2C connection (SDA,SCL,GND,VCC). The ribbon cable looks fine (though this could be misleading and it could STILL be bad) and the laptop had no liquid damage, so the touchpad somehow failed. It's worth mentioning the laptop was booked in as dead and it was reballed by one of our guys here and that brought it back to life indeed, except it's still got this issue....maybe the heat upset something else...

Anyone else had this issue before and if so, have you managed to solve it ? Thank you.
    Wattevah...

Re: Asus ROG gl752v dead touchpad

OS version?

Did you installed:
    1.ATK Package V1.0.0020 or later
    2.ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
      OS version?

Did you installed:
      1.ATK Package V1.0.0020 or later
      2.ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver)?
      It's currently on Win 10. Yes, I mentioned that: they tried multiple software routes but none worked
      Wattevah...

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyx View Post
        It's currently on Win 10. Yes, I mentioned that: they tried multiple software routes but none worked
        OK, read this:
        >>>Troubleshoot problems that occur with ASUS Smart Gesture after upgrading to Windows 10<<<
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.​
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Try with a Linux LiveUSB to try to exclude a Windows software issue.
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
            Try with a Linux LiveUSB to try to exclude a Windows software issue.
            I believe Hirens counts as one of those non-Windows platforms which should load the touchpad by default just like a regular mouse.

Also upgraded BIOS to the latest version, forgot to mention that...
            Wattevah...

Comment

Have you installed the Intel Serial IO I2C Driver
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                Have you installed the Intel Serial IO I2C Driver
                Hmm....not sure what these guys installed on it since it wasn't technically my project, so it could be a driver issue after all, though I don't recall an instance where the touchpad wasn't working even under an alternate OS because of a driver issue.....does it happen on ROGs ? :|
                Wattevah...

Comment

I had similar model gl552vw with not working touchpad...although all readings seemed to be fine. I borrowed two touchpads from similar models but they didnt work...i also checked ribbon cable, tried linux, atk, another bios.....but nothing....so i was thinking probably pch or ITE failure...But finally i received another gl552vw laptop that had some other issues...and tried to use that touchpad and it was working fine
                  So in the end the touchpad was broken with no shorts or any signs of failure that i could find. And interesting that all similar models didnt work on this laptop...
                  Last edited by myth77; 02-06-2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

That's why I decided to ask if others encountered this problem...turns out touchpads CAN fail...
                    Wattevah...

Comment

Working...
                    X