HP 24-b010a flash corrupted BIOS Winbond 25Q64FW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 24-b010a flash corrupted BIOS Winbond 25Q64FW

I have a HP 24-b010a, W2T75AA#ABG giving 2 long and 2 short beeps which means corrupted BIOS, there is a method to put the BIOS onto a USB flash drive and press either B or winkey+B or winkey+V at post to boot into BIOS recovery utility to reflash the BIOS. This isn't working because the USB ports aren't working.
    I've tried flashing the BIOS chip directly it's a Winbond 25Q64FW 1.8v chip, I've tried using a raspberry pi without the power connected and turned on the AIO so it gets the 1.8v from it's own mainboard, would it be safe to try to do it with the AIO powered off and connect the VCC pin to 3.3v from the raspberry pi, apparently HP BIOS chips that are meant to be 3.3v people often set it to 5v for flashing with a programmer?
    Or do I need to get an RT809F or RT809H to be able to program the chip removed from the mainboard?

Re: HP 24-b010a flash corrupted BIOS Winbond 25Q64FW

Better get a real programmer, but I think you should still be able to use a 3.3V→1.8V converter with a Raspberry Pi.
    The RT809F doesn't support 1.8V natively so you'd need the converter as well.
    I think the TL866II supports 1.8V natively, not sure about RT809H.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Re: HP 24-b010a flash corrupted BIOS Winbond 25Q64FW

Thanks Piernov, you're a legend

Comment

Working...
      X