X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database of UPS inverter output waveforms @ HWI

Looky http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/d...put-waveforms/
    Last edited by c_hegge; 04-25-2015, 05:00 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: Database of UPS inverter output waveforms @ HWI

I've added a couple of Smarts and started to measure idle power draw, that's easy. Interesting results indeed, many UPSes draw tens of watts while providing 0 on output.

And prick burreaucrats in EU are pushing stand-by power draw for ATX PSUs under 1 W. LOL
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Those stepped wave UPS look nasty
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

The charging circuit is always running so it will always drawing current from the power line.

"And prick bureaucrats in EU are pushing stand-by power draw for ATX PSUs under 1 W. LOL" They are planning the same thing here too.
        Never stop learning
        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Charging is one thing, other thing is for line-interactive UPS the transformer is constantly getting power flowing through. And it has losses, high losses. The same for on-line UPS, double conversion also has 90-95 % overall efficiency.

Comment

I did a small update yesterday.

Comment

Another small update, SU1000RMINET. Will be more different Smart-UPSes, but most of them in march (or later) I guess.

Comment

I've managed to finish one more, 1400VA unit, so it is now also there. Just forgot to measure no-load consumption, that will be added later today.

Comment

wow thats amazing great work ! i was surprized when i found out that a small Eaton unit the model 5115 500va thats runs of a single 12v battery had a sinewave output. im going to use it as an inverter for a small solar setup. thanks for collecting all that information !

Comment

Not sure about 500VA, I've tested 1400VA version…

Comment

yes the 500va version has a pure sinewave output i tested it with my Fluke ScopeMeter.

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

yes it is interesting that such a small unit has a pure sinewave output.

Comment

Can you get a Tripp-lite G1000U? (Supposedly 1000va (120v) modified sine wave output) .. http://www.amazon.com/TrippLite-G100...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Would love to see how it does.... the unit I have has held up well (despite the three negative reviews on Amazon) but I do notice that the SMPS "wall wart" for my wireless router makes an odd buzzing sound when on UPS....

The unit I have is at least 7 years old and is only on it's second battery.
                            Last edited by mxslick; 03-21-2016, 09:32 PM.

Comment

No idea where, I am far from US…

Comment

There was a minor update recently.

Comment

There's a new Eaton measurement. There is a chance I'll add something more during the month, a slight

Comment

Two ancient units added plus I've measured idle power draw of few more which were already in the database.

Comment

There's some new food. That ha-vel/Powerman UPS is similar crap to those plastic bricks of what I call Must Power origin, but it's some different OEM. There are also Eurocase branded units which most likely have the same platform on our market, the price is insane. It's like toilet paper, you are not even expected to replace the accumulators in it for the price. Just flush after use…

I just recently also learned 2000VA FSP Group models sell for as low as 4500 CZK, that's under 200 US bucks. And they now reached the absolute bottom of crappiness (or did they?) regarding accumulators - they started using FSP branded ones. I bet its similar quality to those Leoch craps I've seen recently. They leaked acid which eaten through the cabling so hard I had to replace most of it.

There will be an article about moddification of the SU700RMINET later. One day for sure

Comment

Got one new unit (BK500EI).

Comment

Working...
                                        X