This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello from Orkney in Scotland, I am a bit of a noob at this lark so please be gentle.
    I joined to see if I could find some info on how to fix a mates Samsung GH19LS monitor that wont seem to power up.
    Thanx for the nice forum.

Comment

Hello all my name is Aaron AKA SlvRabit or RaBiTnAk. I have basic computer, tv, dvd, stereo and pretty much anything else electric ran devices.
      I enjoy taking things apart and figuring out how they work and in some cases making them work better or just work at all.
      Current projects have been 2 Crosley cd-r/w turn-table cdr replacements, A Polaroid LCD rebirth ( dead and trying to fix) and trying to mount a full computer system integrated into car with full function to car system and stereo system on the go with WiFi or other mobile systems. Just more of a hobby

Comment

Hi otto vander here just joining in so we can all help each other

Comment

Hey Guys, great forum, lots of tech info here Im looking forward to sifting thru. Let me apologize up front for anything dumb I may ask later on, including this intro... Once again, cool site!

Comment

Hello and Greetings.
            I stumbles across your forum while looking at esc meters. I remember fixing many a leaky cap in my day. I have a hobby of finding and fixing old arcade machine, So I run across many 20 Plus years old caps.

Comment

Hello My name is Brian and i like to take things apart and figure out how to maek them work again. the post i have read on here thanks it has taught me alot.

Comment

Well, hello.
                I found this forum, when I was looking for how to fix bad inverter in Samsung monitor.
                Already ordered spare transformator, so looking forward to it.

Comment

NEW MEMBER RIGHT HERE!!!!

I came across this site looking to revive my Harman Kardon TS-14 Subwoofer that quit working when my house was hit by lightening.

I have noticed one other person so far on here with the same sub, but different issue.

Looking forward to learning allot and having some fun trouble shooting and repairing the internals on my Sub.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Mike, Tinker and fix just about anything and found your site with so far seems like lots of useful info. Thanks!

Comment

Hi. My name is Erich. Long time interest in electronics. Like making things go once the magical smoke has come out of them. Found this forum while looking for info on repairing and LCD monitor.

Comment

Brian Stag (stagdriver)
                        i Found this forum while looking on the net for ideas on a ILPI-068 Hyundai BlueH invertor psu board and i like the idea.

I was trained in electronics way back in the early 1980's my first pc being the splendid commodore 64 with the breeze block like floppy drive. (did all my basic programming assignments on it while at polytecnic).

Have worked in most industries from Railway to Mecatronics and computer hardware manufacturing, but now taking a break from the tech to drive trains for a living. (hence "Stagdriver").

I am a compulsive for knowledge though and dont like early failures so i try to repair anything that has failed just for the satisfaction. (several TV's, LCD's Power supplies and more).

I would love to share what knowledge i have and also give my 1980's training a bit of a kickstart.
                        cheers.

Comment

Hello all. Well, gosh...what a great forum. A little while back I had a rather pricey iMac that had developed a number of bad caps, and I was quite happy and a little relieved to have replaced all of them myself for a few bucks instead of scrapping the whole machine. So with that inspiration (dumb luck) I'm pondering opening up my LCD television, as after powering up for maybe an hour or so it gets a little snowy. Just feels like a power supply thing.

So I guess I'll dig in here and see where it goes! Cheers, and very best regards to all.

Karl

Comment

Hi, my names Phil, from the middle of the UK.

I found this site by chance while searching for some details on a specific laptop I was fixing (Gateway MA7). Although i'm more versed with general electronic repairs rather than finding faulty caps, i'm glad I found this place, i've read a lot of useful messages here.

I'm a self employed computer engineer, and deal in any repairs, and software engineering sometimes. And i've just started to get into reflowing now, but that's all a bit trial and error just now been dealing with computers back since the Sinclair ZX81 came out, and i've moved along as things progressed in the technologies.

Comment

Greetings! I've found this forum whilst searching for a solution to a Magnavox TV that lacks power that someone asked me to look at. I'm not an electronics tech, just a programmer with some good repair skills and a lot of common sense.

Looking forward to getting help and giving help (if possible).

Cheers,
                              Patrick

Comment

Hello All
                                found this site from google and hope there is some one out there who can help me with a problem with a Philips tv . The Tv would not turn on. After investergation and internet i found 3 blown caps on the powersuply ( Model No ADPF24300R1P) and 1 of the connector had got hot so removed it and wired straight to the board( I could not find the same connector). The power lite on the TV comes on and flashs when using the remote but the Screen still dont turn on.
                                Any Ideas

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is Eugene. I live in the Rocky Mountains in Utah -- a beautiful place. I'm here to learn how to repair my motherboard, if I can. I really don't want to have to buy a new computer right now!

What I know about computers I learned the hard way, by myself, using them and working on them since 1998, but I'm no expert at all, nor do I have any formal training like a lot of you fellas. So, I guess I'm a somewhat informed beginner -- just a retired guy trying to keep my computer operating well, and maybe help out a friend or two, when the problem's not too complicated.

So, I'll be mainly watching and reading what you guys write, and maybe asking a question once in a while. I appreciate having this forum to learn from.

Thanks,
                                  Eugene E.

Comment

Hi Topcat Et Al,Thanks for allowing me into your forum. I am 66 years old. Recently closed down my TV-Electronics repair shop after 35 years. I wish I had found you several years ago. 80 % of our problems were bad caps and poor solder connections. I am now working for a 14-school board-of-education, repairing fire alarms, emergency lighting, security camera systems and oh yeah, toilets and kitchen sinks-and some lcd monitors. I live in Elvis country (near Memphis Tennessee) Thanks for your forum, I will be back often.

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for the wealth of information found here. I arrived here in search of some information on replacing caps on a GeForce 8600 with the infamous FZ caps blown. I have some intermediate skills and am hoping to find an way to save the video card since, like many others here, I don't have money to drop on a new card. Wisconsin is where I currently call home. Hope to learn and share info with others.

Comment

Richard New Member
                                        Sales VP for a VOIP company but, used to be an engineer at phone co many years ago. 3 Year old Vizio 42 TV went dead (no picture/sound) and I found this forum. Didn't trust myself to change out components anymore so, after reading the forums and finding that it was a common problem. Took a few meter readings and saw voltage from ps and took a gamble and ordered a control board from EBay $89. Installed and TV now works great!!!!!
                                        Thank You Badcaps and all of the previous posters on the subject!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi List Members,

I am a new member of this list, and this is my first post...

I recently repaired my Samsung 204B with a new set of capacitors, and said to myself, 'hey, that was easy, how about another?'

And as long as I am looking to leverage this knowledge, I thought I would make the most of it, and am now looking to purchase a basket case 245BW and see if I can repair it.

How far wrong can I go as long as I keep my purchase price to about $30 and watch out for the high voltage capacitors???

I look forward to new challenges and I'll bet I can do this with a little help from the past threads and maybe a question or two from my end.

LAS
                                          Los Angeles, California

Comment

Working...
                                          X