Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo 11e problems (any sata hdds are not recognized, sleep battery drain)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo 11e problems (any sata hdds are not recognized, sleep battery drain)

Need help to solve some problems with this laptop.

After working in bed with it one night and heating up too much (probably the cause of this problems) the sata HDD OS windows froze
    After restart the original Sata HDD was not recognized anymore (but works fine in other laptops or PCs)

Tried connecting other good Sata 2.5 HDDs but not one is working in this laptop anymore (not the original nor others)

Before this had happened I observed some other problems:
    When I tried replacing original mecanical HDD with a SSD HDD could not get them to work.
    Seemed odd at that time, but now I am guessing it was because they werent powering up.
    Also when I tried connecting 2 USBs in the same time (with the sata hdd on, used for booting windows) , the one I tried connecting would not work. Always had to unplug 1 usb, for the other to work.
    The laptop has only 2 usb ports (1x 2.0 , 1x 3.0 usb type)

The SATA hdd is connected to the motherboard through a ribbon cable. one end with normal sata female connector ant the other end comes plugged in CN17-1 connector.
    There is +5V good at Sata connector CN17-1 comming from the motherboard (as you could see in the attached picture)
    +5V powers up USB controllers aswell.

So I assume there is not enogh amperage for SATA HDD to power up, plain and simple. And also for the other USB to work properly in the same time.
    And that this problems got worse after that heating up too much in bed.

Also the laptop consumes too much battery in sleep (standby) mode.
    aprox 1% / hour (thus always if low battery over night I end up loosing work and it is frustrating)

I think this problem might be related to the other somehow.

What could be the cause for this problems?

I posted the schematics and boardview over here
    Lenovo Yoga 11e , motherboard DA0LI5MB6H0 Quanta LI5
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101290
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo 11e problems (any sata hdds are not recognized, sleep battery drain)

measure voltage on the Sata connector again when both the Sata HDD and a USB mouse are connected, to check for voltage drop or instability. You can check the other Sata pins as well.

Comment

Working...
    X