Asus x453ma not charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus x453ma not charging

hello friends, I hope someone will give up a moment to help me solve the problem on the asu x453ma motherboard with the condition that it can't charge when it is charged, and this is the result of measuring the bq735 ic voltage

acin : 19v (pin1)
    acdrv: 4.02v (pin4) unstable
    sda: 2.5v(pin8)
    regn: 6.2v(pin16)
    vcc: 19v(pin20)

I hope someone can help me or give directions to solve this problem, thanks.

Re: Asus x453ma not charging

1) is the battery a known good battery ? Often, the battery is the root cause. Asus is horrible for batteries. Our son's laptop (i7 Quad core - ROG751 I believe) purchased new had a dead battery after just 12 months.

How old is this battery ? Have you tested a fresh & new battery ?

2) Post all of the voltages measured on the charger IC (BQ735).

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      1) is the battery a known good battery ? Often, the battery is the root cause. Asus is horrible for batteries. Our son's laptop (i7 Quad core - ROG751 I believe) purchased new had a dead battery after just 12 months.

1.thank you friend for the time you took to help me, the condition of the battery I used was a new battery, and I didn't find a short circuit in the charging block.

I thought that the bq735 ic was broken, because sometimes the VIN voltage from the adapter drops to 4.05v, and to get 19v back, you have to unplug and re-plug the adapter connection and the laptop can be turned on normally but can't charge when charging.

Comment

OK, I'll re-measure all the pins later. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Yosua View Post
          hello friends, I hope someone will give up a moment to help me solve the problem on the asu x453ma motherboard with the condition that it can't charge when it is charged, and this is the result of measuring the bq735 ic voltage

acin : 19v (pin1)
          acdrv: 4.02v (pin4) unstable
          sda: 2.5v(pin8)
          regn: 6.2v(pin16)
          vcc: 19v(pin20)

I hope someone can help me or give directions to solve this problem, thanks.
          ACDRV voltage should be 25V approx. SDA should be stable 3.3V and not 2.5V. Check whether you have 19V at CMSRC pin of charging IC. ACDET pin voltage??DC-In mosfets checked??

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
            ACDRV voltage should be 25V approx. SDA should be stable 3.3V and not 2.5V. Check whether you have 19V at CMSRC pin of charging IC. ACDET pin voltage??DC-In mosfets checked??
            in the dc mosfet there is a voltage of 19v at the input and output bro..

But on the 1st and 2nd mosfet gates it only outputs 19v.

because I understand that the N CHANEL mosfet on the gate must output a greater voltage from the source and drain right?

Comment

Yes, dc-in mosfet gate should be 25V approx and its controlled by ACDRV pin of charger IC. Check whether dc-in mosfet is shorted/leaky and presence of 19V at CMSRC pin of charging IC as mentioned earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                Yes, dc-in mosfet gate should be 25V approx and its controlled by ACDRV pin of charger IC. Check whether dc-in mosfet is shorted/leaky and presence of 19V at CMSRC pin of charging IC as mentioned earlier.
                thank you for helping me so far, the CMSRC pin on the BQ735 ic is normal voltage and outputs 19v, only ACDRV is not normal, and the avo meter only flashes when it displays 19v

Comment

Does it flash because it is going into protection Mode?

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie_Uk View Post
                    Does it flash because it is going into protection Mode?
                    Thanks guys for the time you took to help me, does that mean there's a short-circuit problem on this line?

because my measurements did not find a grounded component on this line.
                    please help me for this case

Comment

Remove all power.

Meter in resistance mode (200 ohms).

Check and post the resistance of each of the front 2 mosfets.

1) source and drain
                      2) source and gate
                      3) gate and drain

Your dc adapter should not be dropping down the voltage like you have observed unless there is a fault with these mosfets.

Comment

Remove all power.

Meter in resistance mode (200 ohms).

Check and post the resistance of each of the front 2 mosfets.

1) source and drain
                        2) source and gate
                        3) gate and drain

Your dc adapter should not be dropping down the voltage like you have observed unless there is a fault with these mosfets.
                        thank you very much my friend for taking your time for a minute, does that mean there is a change in the resistance of the two dc mosfet?

OK, I'll try to measure it again later.

on the acdrv line also passes through a resistor, do I need to measure it too?

because I also read the datasheet of BQ24735 This

Comment

Just stupid question from me ? Not charging, battery status on OS.
                          1. Plugin, not charging ?
                          2. Plugin, charging but battery won't fill ?
                          3. Battery not detected ?

I found some asus battery, especially compatible battery isn't not good. I must try 3- 4 battery when buy new battery for testing laptop that not charging issue.

There's some resistor on acdrv line ( divider ) that can cause dropping voltages. Does your laptop can turn on with battery only ?

Comment

Originally posted by martha februarini View Post

I found some asus battery, especially compatible battery isn't not good. I must try 3- 4 battery when buy new battery for testing laptop that not charging issue.

There's some resistor on acdrv line ( divider ) that can cause dropping voltages. Does your laptop can turn on with battery only ?
                            Iya bang , kalo pake batre aja bisa koq (plugin,charging) tapi gak terisi bang

Comment

Measure and post the resistance of the pins of each front side mosfet.

You will be measuring them directly at the pins of the part as requested above.

Post pics of the mosfet with their part markings if you need any help.

This test should be done with no power. We are checking to see if the mosfet is shorted.

See this article - the table offers a good summary here:

http://electronicsbeliever.com/how-t...-is-defective/

Comment

Iya bang , kalo pake batre aja bisa koq (plugin,charging) tapi gak terisi bang
                                wis nyoba baterai liyane cak ?
                                coba solder/panasi ic kbc ne, dicas posisi lepi mati gelem ngisi gak ?

Check again vcc line, you said before that vcc pin sometimes drop. maybe some capasitor filter ( 19v ) are bad, it can make unstable on acdrv that needed to trigger on battery fet
                                Last edited by Bonzas; 11-09-2021, 05:29 AM.

Comment

I've replaced 2 fet dc in and the result is still the same, I'm getting confused, here I measure again after replacing the fet: BQ735 IC CHARGER
                                  PIN1(ACN) = 19.21V
                                  PIN2(ACP) = 19.23V
                                  PIN3 (CMSRC) = 19.04V
                                  PIN4 (ACDRV) = 19.03V(flashes on avometer)
                                  PIN5(ACOK) = 1.65V
                                  PIN6 (ACDET) = 2.84V
                                  PIN7(iOUT) = 0.04V
                                  PIN8(SDA) = 0.01V
                                  PIN9(SCL) = 0.01V
                                  PIN10 (ILIM) = 0.19V
                                  PIN11 (BATDRV) = 2.81V
                                  PIN12(SRN) = 2.80V
                                  PIN13(SRP) = 2.82V
                                  PIN14 (GND)
                                  PIN15(LODRV) = 0V
                                  PIN16(REGN) = 6.10V
                                  PIN17(BTST) = 5.89V
                                  PIN18 (HIDRV) = 2.95V
                                  PIN19 (PHASE) = 2.93V
                                  PIN20(VCC) = 19.14V

Comment

wis nyoba baterai liyane cak ?
                                    coba solder/panasi ic kbc ne, dicas posisi lepi mati gelem ngisi gak ?

Check again vcc line, you said before that vcc pin sometimes drop. maybe some capasitor filter ( 19v ) are bad, it can make unstable on acdrv that needed to trigger on battery fet
                                    Mari mas tapi nggae batre lio pancet, gak masalah ta manasi kbc?

Comment

English only on this forum.
                                      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Mari mas tapi nggae batre lio pancet, gak masalah ta manasi kbc?
                                        no, or you can ACP bc chip

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                                        English only on this forum.
                                        Pardon me sir

Comment

Working...
                                        X