Dell 2408WFPb / 2408WFP - No Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 2408WFPb / 2408WFP - No Power

Thanks everyone! this forum is the best! After reading all 5 pages, I fixed my monitor!

Comment

Originally posted by bicycle6228 View Post
      I bought another 2408WFPb with a working power supply, put the two power supply boards side-by-side, focused some resistance checks on the feedback/isolator area and found differences associated w/ IC701. Out of circuit, the KA431 shunt regulator did not behave right per simple VOM checks. Swapped in a replacement KA431, and voila!
      Yea I know I am responding to a very old post but when I read this I had to respond to the comment

I have used this method before but I recently saw a YouTube video where this woman use the diode test on a multi meter and it does a better job according to her but I have not tried this yet my self but I am going to try it when I have something to troubleshoot again that I have more than one of the exact same units
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 05-13-2022, 11:52 AM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

My ±13 year old dell suffers the same problem - power on and lights up but just white blank screen with limited menu button control. Guess that's pretty common issue with these dell 2408 monitors...Thank you all for the tips and fixes.

Comment

My 2408 seems to have issues with overheating. Its been running fine, but now that summer weather is kicking in, it seems like it gets too hot and then shuts off.

I'm assuming its heat, because with a temperature gun aimed at the front of the screen immediately after it blanks out, it's reading about 108 at the top-center.

The power LED stays green, but the screen goes completely blank. I can try unplugging and plugging it back in, but results differ. Sometimes the power LED flickers on as I plug it in, but then stays off. Other times, the power LED turns on, but still a blank screen.

If I let it cool down while unplugged, it seems to power back on again.

I'm not electronically inclined, trying to learn though.

Comment

Just this week I had the same problem like some users in the beginning of the thread: My Dell 2408WFP could not turn on, the power LED was slowly blinking. Looked like a restart loop. When disassembled, I too noticed the PSU board clicking, the sound coming from somewhere near the right side of the board.

All caps looked good to the naked eye (no bulging, no discoloration, no corrosion or any other noticeable irregularity). So first I replaced only the AK431AZ, but after that the issue was still present. Then I replaced C606 and C611, as well as the large 120uF cap. The monitor is now working without a hiccup

Big thanks to this forum and its users!

Comment

Working...
            X