Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung TV - UE49K6300AK

Hi People

I have been given very cheaply an immaculate Samsung TV - UE49K6300AK.
    The only problem is that the.

1. The Backlight Does Glow
    2. No Audio
    3. No Graphics or Menus on the Screen.
    4. The Remote DOES Respond
    5. THE PSU Voltages seem Ok
    6. The 32V Fuse on the Lower Board is OK

I am suspecting the Logic board, but what do you people think?

I would really appreciate it if anybody could Upload a Schematic please, as I have come to a halt, with respect to what to do next.

I don't want to go Buying Boards, as I am a firm believer that by doing that, as I will start losing money that I will make on the lovely Set.

The Main PCB is Info

Hawk_M_FHD_PRO2
    Code: BN41-02534B
    MODEL: BN41-02534
    SIZE: 182*214 1.2t
    Date: 2016.02.23

I am suspecting the Logic board, but what do you people think?

I would really appreciate it if anybody could Upload a Schematic please, I really can't seem to find one for some reason.
    I have come to a halt, with respect to what to do next.

To be honest, I don't want to go Buying Boards, as I am a firm believer that by doing that, as I will start losing money that I will make on the lovely Set,
    and I want to keep the Environment healthy.

Thanks in Advance

Re: Samsung TV - UE49K6300AK

Photos of the PCB
    Attached Files

Comment

If you can't find a schematic or service manual, there probably isn't one. Samsung will replace not repair boards under warranty, so there is no need to release them.
      Record the voltages from connector CNM803.
      No electronic/electrical waste goes in landfill in the UK, except stuff put in the bin at home by ignorant/lazy people.

Comment

Hi can anybody please helpfully suggest what would cause the Symptoms I have described?

Thanks

Comment

Not sure what could cause the fault but this board on ebay looks a identical match https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-U...xoCoXcQAvD_BwE
          it says offers so you maybe able too get it at a lower price then you could use this board too fault find yours and resell it.

Comment

If TV responds to RC and turns on backlight, my main suspect would be panel/tcon board, not main board...

Google says it has a t-con board, you can start by measuring if 12V comes to tcon, then check fuse, then check if any SMD capacitor is shorted...

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
              Not sure what could cause the fault but this board on ebay looks a identical match https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-U...xoCoXcQAvD_BwE
              it says offers so you maybe able too get it at a lower price then you could use this board too fault find yours and resell it.
              Hey Vince - I have just spoken to Samsung and they got me to Reset the TV.
              This managed to get it to do more, ie on Startup now it makes a Sound.
              But still a Blank screen and No Logo

Said it might be the screen and I said what with the TV still this year do they suddenly go and I said yes but I don't actually know that it's true what they said

Thanks for being helpful, and will keep you updated

Ritchie

Comment

Originally posted by tiki66 View Post
                If TV responds to RC and turns on backlight, my main suspect would be panel/tcon board, not main board...

Google says it has a t-con board, you can start by measuring if 12V comes to tcon, then check fuse, then check if any SMD capacitor is shorted...
                Hi Tiki66 - I will take the board off and put it under the microscope and do some cold checks.

Thankyou I will keep you updated .

ps - I reset it by holding the power switch in for 10 seconds and then switching it off like the remote control and that's when the sales on boot up started working but no more Sila black screen

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie_Uk View Post
                  Hey Vince - I have just spoken to Samsung and they got me to Reset the TV.
                  This managed to get it to do more, ie on Startup now it makes a Sound.
                  But still a Blank screen and No Logo

Said it might be the screen and I said what with the TV still this year do they suddenly go and I said yes but I don't actually know that it's true what they said

Thanks for being helpful, and will keep you updated

Ritchie
                  what tcon board does this set use, if this was my set i would probably try a replacement one in this set too rule it out.

Comment

Hi Tiki66 - I will take the board off and put it under the microscope and do some cold checks.
                    It's ok to take it off and try it under a microscope but only to test shorts and fuse. If there is a short on smd capacitor while tcon is out and disconnected - probably a tcon fault. If there is not, try connecting it back to tv and see if it then has shorts - sometimes the smd capacitors on source board (panel) have shorts and then as you connect it, it shorts out something on your tcon.

Also, see what voltages you get, you need 12V from MBO, and then on tcon you have AVVD, HAVVD and etc.

Comment

if your t con has two ribbon cables going too the lcd panel pcb dissconnect one ribbon cable turn the tv on what do you see on the screen? re connect that ribbon cable and try disconnecting the other cable what do you see on the screen?

Comment

Hi Tiki and Vince - I have disconnected 1 TCon Cable at a Time and it is the same.

There doesn't seem to be any Graphics when I connect it to a Laptop, or when I try and scroll through menus nothing shows up.

I will Photograph the TCon in a minute and upload it

Comment

Here
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here
                            did you gheck the voltage on both sides of t con fuse (just too the left of lvds cable conector).

Comment

Check the voltage at 12v. and the LEDs on the T-con are on.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hey Lotas Thankyou

I only saw 1 Fuse, but let me check, and will update you know

Comment

Lotas, How did you know those were fuses?
                                  Was it from the Photos?

Comment

Lotas sorry to keep posting, but 1 of the LEDS glow with the meter on Diode mode and the other dosnt.
                                    What would that imply please?

Top on Glows
                                    Bottom one dosnt glow

Comment

Lotas, How did you know those were fuses?
                                      Was it from the Photos?
                                      only one is a fuse 2 are leds 1 is a capacitor
                                      on the led that does not light swap your multi meter leads around does the led now light?

Comment

Hi Vince

it still dosnt light with the leads swapped around

Comment

Working...
                                        X