Pioneer VSX-1122K won't turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pioneer VSX-1122K won't turn on

How are your fuses ? Disconnect all power and Do you have continuity check on fuses ? This looks like a red flag you said voltage was under a volt .5 at page 88 (BD9328CN) V+3V3_HHH. I think when I read your schematic you have more than one of these if u got another one u can read it too get some measurements off it ic 9521 is the same can take a look at it to see if it ends with 3volts at V+3R3_NW
    Last edited by Packard93; 01-04-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

All other voltages are there, only this 3.3V_HHH is .5V.
      I have to find out where exactly is used this HHH voltage. There are other 3.3V on the board, those are showing 3.3V.

Comment

Most likely, the protection is tripped, by this short and not from the amp section.

Comment

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead but I have the EXACT same problem on the same model. Lightning strike, stuck on Power On message. Followed service manual until X3002 15MHz. I believe it's correct but not sure because the measurement fluctuates. Then I have no idea how to perform the final step of "Check Reset IC (IC3005)" which is part number J126077004210-IL. I'm just wondering if you ever fixed it.

Comment

I have found another receiver on CL, that had a blown amp and swapped the HDMI boards with that. I was only $40.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
              I have removed the IC, but the short is still there. I have checked the nearby components and they all look good. My question is, how do I find the shorted component?
              This is a slightly destructive way to find a short:
              -you detach the affected board from connectors
              -you cut the supply paths that lead to 3,3V regulator if necessary
              -on the regulator output path you solder two wires that you connect to your power supply which will be set to 3,3V and current limit of 3A.
              -you let the current flow for two minutes and wait for the affected component to heat up!
              -apply isopropanol (alcohol) on the board. Where the shorted element is hot, isopropanol will evaporate! Check with finger... ouch -> there's the proof.

Also check this:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5fICjcaJ3E

Comment

Thanks Mike, I'm aware of that procedure(laptop repair, right?).
                This one is long gone.
                I have an 820, which is completely dead, only if I rest it, with the Adv. surr.and Power on turns on for a few seconds, and then shuts off.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                  I have found another receiver on CL, that had a blown amp and swapped the HDMI boards with that. I was only $40.
                  Thanks. Does that mean you fixed the VSX-1122 by changing the D-MAIN ASSY (HDMI board)?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X