This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello! I am a gear junky who has a bunch of broken stuff laying around gathering dust.

I am hoping to achieve enough skills to give some of them a new life.

Thanks for this great forum!

Comment

Hey there. I searched for help with my panasonic plasma and arrived here. I am very impressed with the amount of information. Very helpful. I am following a thread but mine seems to have a slightly different failed component, so it seems. As I persist, I will contribute the outcome.

My technical background is with automotive world and electronics as someone that will figure it out rather than just buy a new one. My professional background is Economics and Marketing.

I like the fact that the founders here have the same interests. I think I read where one of them has or had a 300zx! Very cool, I still have my first car, a 1987 Mazda Rx-7. Doing a restoration on it now. Time to cruise that and show the youth what cool is. LOL, don't slam me all youngsters. I'm not super old and I customize brand new vehicles as well. I currently own a 2012 Ford Focus SEL and a 2013 Ford Focus ST. Those are enough clues to search me.

Ok, back to fixing this SC board on my panasonic th-42pz77u tv. Thanks!

Comment

Hi
        An old engineer of over 60 working years on the clock!
        Designing and building high end mixers and studio gear,
        Broadcast equipment and computers.
        And having a lot of failed caps over the years

Mike Phillips

Comment

Hello everyone thank you for having this great forum, I have a question I hope I'm not breaking any rules. I have a vizio plasma tv model VP50HDTV20A the front led turns on the TV has no picture or sound the power supply looks good no bulge caps, all fuses look good the relay clicks on and the green led on the power supply does 2 quick blinks every few seconds any idea what could be the problem? I wanted to order a power supply board but I don't want to throw money at this thing if I'm not sure what the problem is. I did some testing of the power board and the voltages are not the same as the values that printed on board it self. Any help will greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrorl View Post
            I have a vizio plasma tv model VP50HDTV20A the front led turns on the TV has no picture or sound the power supply looks good no bulge caps, all fuses look good the relay clicks on and the green led on the power supply does 2 quick blinks every few seconds any idea what could be the problem?
            Start your own thread in the TV section if you want help. This thread is not for troubleshooting. Questions in this thread will be ignored.
            "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
            -David VanHorn

Comment

Hi all
              Just to say hello, great forum.
              Just learning about fixing TV's etc.
              Hope to learn lots

Comment

Hello everyone. I am new to this site but so far it has been pretty helpful. I'm just starting to learn about repairing things vs. buying new so I am looking forward to exploring more of the site.

Comment

Hello, I am from Czech republic and live in Prague. My job is repairing all electronic devices for 12 yers. This forum is place to share experiences.

Comment

Heya guys, I'm Adam and I spend a lot of time with computers and hope to learn to fix them up real nice, so, all things I read here will be useful ^^

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm Jim. I have a associates in electronics from too many years ago I don 't need to tell, I've tinkered with my own stuff even before I went to school for it. First pc was an IBM clone with and 8088 processor and 2 5 1/4 drives no HDD.

I had my own custom pc business for several years back when a half way decent pc was 3000.00 +. Now I just tinker with my own stuff.

Glad I found this forum I think it will be very helpful and who knows maybe some day I'll be able to help someone too.

My real job is an engineer in an Aerospace company.

Comment

Yup...I'm kinda new around here. I've been to this site many times and decided it's time to join. This is definitely one of the very best forum sites geared towards techies.

I'm a computer tech/electronics hobbyist/professional guitarist from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Keep up the great work! I've been recapping like crazy when customers actually listen to the whole bad cap story and I often refer them to badcaps.net as I consider it to be the number 1 trusted source for the real info surrounding the whole electrolyte formula screwup that has cost everyone worldwide for years.

So my hat's off to your excellent forum...cheers!!!

Comment

Hello, I am looking for a good place for insight and aanswers that maybe I can contribute, thx

Comment

Apparently I need to post here, so hi.

Comment

Originally posted by justanothercanuck View Post
                              Apparently I need to post here, so hi.
                              Ditto. The obligatory one post so that I can access some of the photo images on here.

A huge thank you to:

a) Badcaps.net for this forum. I've been curious for a while now about why Power Mac G4 MDD power supplies fail, and now I know.

b) Toasty, for his posts explaining this, along with photos.

Bravo gentlemen, bravo. Truckloads of appreciation.

Comment

Ok so this is actually my second post, better late than never. I am a electronics tinkerer with no formal training other than grade 10 electronics in 1987 and google. I found google to be the better teacher. I have mucked around with satellite receiver modifications and done some soldering / manufacturing of circuit boards for that hobby. I like to take things apart to see whats wrong.
                                Glad to make all of your acquaintances.

Cheers

Comment

Hello, looking forward to se more of Dissipation factor.

Comment

Hi i'm Splitcrete and I been playing with electronics for quite a wile .
                                    Mostly industry panels like automatic machine controls.
                                    I'm looking forward to learning from you folks and picking a brain or two.
                                    Thank You all for being here for me and each other.
                                    Splitcrete

Comment

Hey all,
                                      Andy here. Longtime electronics enthusiast - (started with my "35-In-One" electronics kit @ age 7, was designing amps by 12) - whose primary interest is audio. I've spent a lot of time trying to determine why electrolytics sound so bad in audio circuits and what can be done about it. Looking forward to hearing from others their own experiences with various brands/types/series.
                                      BTW, I'm a transplanted Rochester, NY & Cape Cod, MA native now living in Ann Arbor, MI.

Comment

Hi all,

As with most of you here, I am looking forward to gaining some knowledge AND be able to fix some things on the side (I have a Samsung Syncmaster 2433BW somebody threw out that I'm hoping to rescue on the cheap...)

Thanks to BadCaps for having me. And for existing. I guess.

- Derrick

Comment

Hi,

I am also looking on gaining some new DIY knowledge as I have a TV that really needs fixing and am not willing to pay extensive amounts for it

Looking forward to everyone's help.

-Dave

Comment

Working...
                                          X