This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I'm happy to join such an interesting and hopefully useful forum!

Comment

I am also happy to join the forum and have already been reading about Samsung television problems since my Plasma just went out. Very informative and helpful.

Comment

Hello! I'm a first time caller, long time listener (Get it, I'm old because I remember radio!) I'm a lifetime tinkerer and I can't pass up a chance to get something on the cheap and repair it myself.

Comment

I havent been called NOOB for more than 20 years !

I am a 61 year old physician who got his start in 1968 writing OS software for IBM 1130. I had been taking things apart for a long time by then, but many did not go back together. Designed SW and HW until medical school in 1984.

I got here because one of my gorgeous VP2130b monitors (7 or 8 years old) quit. Looks like bad power supply but the service manual does not have testing information. I didnt see bulging caps on the PS board but I do have the same brown stain as on the pic
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...6&d=1333499197

I tried bleach but it still does not work.

And to boot, I put a hole in the ribbon going to the buttons.

Comment

Hi Everybody!
            I am new here on Badcaps.net. I registered and joined this website forum because I want to learn more about electronics and television repair. I have some knowledge of the field because my family has been in the business.

I also have some TVs and other equipment I would like assistance with diagnosing and repairing, if this remedy is reasonably possible.

I look forward to my time here and getting to know many of you.

Comment

My name is David. I worked in high tech in Boston till the dot.com crash. Took plenty of electronics courses. Now I'm trying to find a sideline up in the northwoods were people just assume that a $500 LCD TV is not worth fixing. Just my pet peeve - but when tech innovation was driving down product prices monthly there might have been a point to tossing away a 2 year old TV. But it seems as though people have put in $600 - 800 into something that will do the job (entertain, induce couch potato nirvana) and now if something goes wrong they should get it fixed.

Comment

Been lurking around here for a while now and decided to join. I fix broken electronics as a hobby. Self tought(still learning and don't know enough as I should). Haven't been at it long though. I Have already learned a few things from this site since I discovered it a few months ago. I wish I would have found it sooner.

Thanks

Comment

Hello.

Comment

Also Hello

Comment

Hi, decided to join as this seems the only place with good, real and thus helpful information. I was looking for information on pico fuses and how they interact within a circuit, this was the only place that came up after a search giving insightful information on the component, hence now joining and hoping for more information to my problem which I'm sure I'm going to get, thanks.

Comment

Kansas City once again checking in...I have a Westinghouse LCM-22w3 that seems to be a pretty popular source of "bad caps" so I've already ordered the replacement kit, and look forward to getting it back up and running again. Thanks to everyone here for the photos and helpful advice.

Buck from KC

Comment

New member from "The Ginky Weeds" in Michigan. Joined to research a dead Sony LCD TV and I'm sure this is the place to find all the answers I need to fix it. I'm in the process of building a home theater and this problem is cutting into my "productive" time!

Cheers!

Chuck

Comment

Hey there, wonderful forum you've got here.

I'm one of those people with the infamous Hanns-G hg281d's, seems there's a lot of success stories fixing them here, and a lot of useful information that i'm hoping will help me out!

Comment

Hi everyone. I've been reading posts the past couple of days as I troubleshoot a ViewSonic vx2235.

I'm no stranger to the computer community. My first computer was a Vector Graphic with 56K ram, dual quad density diskettes running CP/M. I'm now a senior IT leader at a Fortune 500 company.

Comment

Hi everyone, i'm here to learn more about electronics.

Comment

hi all new here i know a bit about electronics got the certificates for analog and digital electronics so thought i check out this site
                                  glad to be here

Comment

Hello, I know a little bit about alot of things. My dad was always fixing something when I was growing up and it just rubbed off on me. I have never gone to school for computers or electronics but have been the dubbed the computer guy or the fix it guy at some jobs and in life. I love fixing things and I came across this site searching for info on a tv I just purchased for 20 buck and am hoping to fix it. Well nice to talk to you all and i'm sure I'll see you soon.

Scott

Comment

Hello! I've been fixing broken gadgets (electrical or otherwise) for as long as I can remember. I hope to gain and share some knowledge that I've gathered over the course of my tinkering.

Comment

Hello! I am a technician from Greece and I love to fix electronic devices.

Comment

Hello collega techs,
                                          I'm Dirk Van der Straeten, television technician, date of birth january 11th 1956, married and no children. I live since my birth in Aalst, Belgium on a farm.
                                          Greetings,
                                          Dirk.

Comment

Working...
                                          X