Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello to everyone, I'm in PA and soon at post something

Comment

please save my motherboard!

Comment

New guy here looking to repair an Old Samsung 215TW with bad caps. This forum has been super helpful!

Comment

With a simple google search, I've landed at badcaps.net

My mom's Magnavox tv one day didnt turn on, and she turned to me to fix it. I'm still having trouble resolving my issue, but these forums have been nonetheless very helpful.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi guys and I'm glad to make all of your acquaintance!

Comment

hello new here came across this forum on a big project multiple booting a computer and i didn't want to just lurk in the shadows so i wanted to say hi every one

Comment

another n00b here to the forum. not to bad capacitors though.

I've been an electronics technician since 1995, and have been working on computers just as long. I have my A+ and Network+ certifications. I worked for the Gateway Country stores before they shut down.

I currently work for an avionics OEM as an electronics technician. I am IPC-A-610 and J-standard certified to class 3.

so, if anyone needs any soldering or computer advice, I'm totally available and don't mind helping.

Comment

Found these forums with a google search due to a broken Samsung 245bw monitor found in a hardware pile. Lots of fantastic information here. And five dollars in parts later, I have myself a new working monitor.

Comment

G'day all, just found this site while trying to repair a couple of LG monitors and searching out knowledge!
                    I was an electronics tech for about 8 years but that was many moons ago now (think pre-internet) and I am a bit rusty.
                    I was getting sick of throwing away perfectly good electronic equipment because of the odd blown capacitor so I'm taking up my old trade again - just for my own repairs.
                    I live in a country town in Western Australia so the internet and Australia Post are my lifeline to the parts I need.
                    I will certainly try to add what little knowledge I retain to these forums but will mostly be leeching off the expertise that is obviously abundent on these pages.
                    Thanks for sharing!
                    Wombat.

Comment

Hi all

I am Andre Blais, a retired manager that started out (many moons ago) as a technician for IBM Canada. I am a skilled do it yourselfer and I enjoy the diagnostic portion of a repair.

I have landed in this forum because of a problem with a monitor and I am impressed with the level of expertise shown in various threads. I am not very familiar with forums and threads but I will try my best not to observe the rules and etiquette.

Please note that I am from the Montreal, Canada area and that I speak mainly french so please be kind to me in relation to the technical acronyms.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Comment

As one does, I found BadCaps as a result of Googling about failures in a flatscreen display - in my case an LCD monitor. Fantastic to find you!

I am a retired engineer living on the outskirts of Sydney. My forum-name has been seen about a number of the sim-racing forums since 2002. I am delighted to make your aquaintance.
                        Last edited by Bristow; 11-20-2011, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Hi my name is Scott I'm from Bellingham, Wa. that's about 100 mile north of Seattle.
                          I spent about 12years in the USAF as a ground power tech. and
                          27 years in the Fire service.
                          I have awife and two childern, four grand childern, and one great gand child on the way in March of 2012.
                          I like to tinker and work on computers I'm self taught, and I will ask questions.
                          I have not been on this type of board sence the commodore 64 days.
                          I'm glad to make your aquaintance.

Comment

Hi,

Having a faulty Swedx TV (Samsung screen and probably other bits too) and having aquired a faulty Logik LCD TV I found this forum.

I've posted regarding the Logik TV and I'll pull the Swedx apart soon and no doubt post some questions for that one too.

I'm a fast aproaching 40 year old Commissioning Engineer working in the water industry who cant bear to pay anyone else to fix anything (and I do mean anything) I own.

I'm an old school time served apprentice Electrical Engineer with no TV repair experience so its very interesting to learn something new.

Comment

Thanks for welcoming me into badcap.. I have a faulty Diode from a lcd monitor. The marking are as follows.
                              31D0 06 4E. I can;t get any data from anywhere for it. Help me find a replacement.

Comment

Hello Everyone, just joined after finding this forum on a Google search. I'm 54, live in Wolverhampton UK and have been involved with electronics as a hobby since I was about 11 years old. The form looks interesting and friendly, so glad I joined..

Comment

Hi my name is Vladislav I"m from Ukraine. I find this forum from Google, my hobby is repair electronic stuff.Very interesting forum? you have.

Comment

Hi name Sleepychilldog from Minnesota. New to forums and will learn as I go. Worked in Quality control for several years at a computer company. Also worked in manufacturing before that and did a lot of soldering on pc boards, so will put it to use all that training. Brother had a computer quit with blown caps and gave it to me to fix. So looking for some location data on caps.
                                    Thank you.

Comment

Ron here. I just started having a problem with some instability on my desktop, and after blaming it on the new OS (Windows 7) I just realized it happens also with the old one (Windows 2000). So, from there, I went to reading the 'Capacitor Plague' article, to this site.

My welcome message asked me to complete my Profile, but when I went there, I got only this:

RonCam, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                                      2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

So maybe I should try again, if this second post is successful? Maybe tomorrow ... getting late!

Comment

HELLO GANG
                                        - CANADIAN.
                                        - hobbyist over 3 decades - too many old parts, can you say TTL ?
                                        - old enough... to know better
                                        - used to teach electronics
                                        - been into computers forever !
                                        - OK - well, all versions of DOS, Windoze starting at 95, then 98-98SE-2000-XP-7
                                        - played with Linux: ubuntu and lately Linux MINT
                                        - virtual machines are a hoot too
                                        - first single board computer was a KIM-1 ! WHO had one of those ???
                                        - love computers, built MANY, gotta love the quad cores.
                                        - probably fixed 1 of everything.
                                        - into aquariums, spiritual experiences, and EXPERIMENTS mu-ha-haa
                                        - did i mention world peace ?
                                        - yup, i even made my own circuit boards back in the days of ? ferric chloride was it ?
                                        - committed to recycling the toys...found this board after finding a Samsung 225BW by the dumpster... it just "looked to good" and flashed on for 1 second when tested...hello badcaps.com = will be posting in THAT thread.

- just from what i have read thus far, this site deserves supporting.
                                        - REAL MEN SOLDER !
                                        - learning laughter is the final healing.
                                        - loved the espionage capacitor plague thread --- WHO knew!

experimenting-ly,
                                        GLORK

Comment

I'm casey from arizona. 30 years old, computer and electronics hobbiest from a young age. I love fixing anything electronic and have noticed that capacitor failure is more than 50% the cause of problems. Found this site on google while researching tv repair advice. Glad to see many more out there like myself. Happy tinkering!

Comment

Working...
                                          X