X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Originally posted by holmwel View Post
    got to get over to one of the forums [audio, maybe], and confirm shelf life on large [uF]/new [unused], electrolytic filter capacitors....think I know, just want confirmation....
    if 'on the shelf unused, and never been charged' AND (very important) kept in a fairly cool to only warm enviorment, I'd say 8-10 years if its a good brand
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Hello to all, i have a problem with a sony bravia model number kdl 32S2000. i get perfect sound but i can not get a picture. the backlights come on but i get no menu or channel display.
      i was hoping to fix it and wanted to try to find the bad part so i can desolder and replace. if i can't find the part i would like to change the board which would be alot easier. any help i can get will really be appreciated, tonener.............

Comment

Hello to all, i have a problem with a sony bravia model number kdl 32S2000. i get perfect sound but i can not get a picture. the backlights come on but i get no menu or channel display.
        i was hoping to fix it and wanted to try to find the bad part so i can desolder and replace. if i can't find the part i would like to change the board which would be alot easier. any help i can get will really be appreciated, tonener.............

Comment

Hello! My name is Eddy, and electronics freak me out. While I'll be willing to rip anything apart, the troubleshooting bit has always always been foreign to me. It's great this site exists! I've found most of what I need on it already. --now, off to try and figure out what the problem is.

Comment

Hi, my name is Bernald! (my english is not perfect, so don't complain i write bad... please... lol)

I'm from costa Rica and i found some info about the silly proudlizer cap on some Toshiba's computers... so i registered here for some help and give some help! (even if i'm a noob :P)

i'm a computer technician and i like to learn new things!!

Comment

newbie here,
              my first system was a sinclair ZX, sweet machine....then got a commodore64, upgraded to the 64+ and then the Amiga era began.....

First post; end.`

Comment

Hello I am deh-badcaps. My son found this forum trying to fix his monitor. I've now inherited the monitor and am trying to get it fixed.

The info I've found here will help me help the local semi-retired tv repairman salvage a nice 28in computer monitor.
                I work in the computer industry. Not afraid of handling hardware but have never been to the level of component repair - until now. Even now I am going to let someone else do it using the info I've found here.

Thanks for letting me join the forum.

I live in Wokingham, England about 40 miles west of London.
                Last edited by deh-badcaps; 03-20-2012, 04:58 PM. Reason: fat fingers!

Comment

hi to all im new here im form phillipines thanks to all member.............

Comment

Hello. Name is Sage. I'm in Texas. So much for the obvious from my member name.
                    I have found this form in a search for monitor repair. Browsing through the forum, I have found people willing to help, even to those technically inept. I am not a newbie to technology, however component repair (more than a quick solder) is new to me.
                    So, although a newbie to forums, I have decided to jump in and see if I can get some advice from some very friendly people.

Thanks in advance for your patience and help.
                    Last edited by Sage TX; 03-21-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Hello, my name is Amarildo
                      Criciuma my city, Brazil.

Comment

Hello everyone, Cory from Bethel, Mn Usually work on electron tube equipment, But dabbling in this solid state stuff.

Comment

Hi everyone, Alex from Kent, UK. I like to repair items if possible rather than throwing them away. I am currently looking to repair my Philips 200wb monitor. This site has been very valuable in learning more about component level repair.
                          Fixed so far: GNR TS902W monitor, Sony Game Gear, Philips FCD565, Arcam Alpha 10, Memorex SA 404amp

Comment

Oy! bad caps are bad. Hunt them down and tear their leads off!!!

Comment

Hi every one, im Shepp from Mansfield in the uk, so far this forums been quite useful for me so i thought id join, i have just today stripped a 42" lcd screen from its back light after testing and found a problem with like pressure point white patches on a black back ground at the top of the screen, on re-assembly the problem is still there so i will be posting a topic soon if i can with pic to see if i can sort it through this wonderful forum, i have noticed 1 bad cap on power board so this could be the fault, but tv still powers on etc so not sure, but ill get into that if i cant find anyone with the same fault, just thought id say hi to all

Comment

Hello I'm 1chance and I'm new to the forum. I hope to learn and provide any helpful information that may me needed. Thanks!

Comment

hi I'm Chuck and I started as a TV tech with Stromberg Carlson In Rochester, NY. Went from tech to Telephone Engineer when they sold the business to Zenith. First computer was a Trash 80 (Radio Shack) then went thru the IBM pcs. Now retired and doing TV repairs in the family loop. This looks like a great site.
                                  Thanks

Comment

I am looking for a way for my sons to repair the clock display on our Jenn-Air double wall oven. My husband went to be with the Lord 1 year and 3 months ago, or he would fix it himself. He was so smart with electronics, but God had other plans. I find the replacement clock part to be pretty expensive, so I am trying to find directions for replacing only PART of the timer, instead of the $250 to replace the whole thing. God will get the glory no matter what happens, but it is worth taking a look to see if anyone here can describe the fix. Thank you in Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by C22 View Post
                                      hi I'm Chuck and I started as a TV tech with Stromberg Carlson In Rochester, NY. Went from tech to Telephone Engineer when they sold the business to Zenith. First computer was a Trash 80 (Radio Shack) then went thru the IBM pcs. Now retired and doing TV repairs in the family loop. This looks like a great site.
                                      Thanks
                                      I can't believe you are from Geneseo. Ever hear of the man who was killed while helping another motorist on 390 near Avon? My husband worked for Harris. Wonder if you ever met. He would have liked the tech details on this site.

Comment

Hi all. Are yall ready to be bored by stupid questions ? I'm here to do that.. j/k
                                        I found this forum lookin for repair an hw173d.. a little fuse was the problem.. so thank you.

Comment

Hi everyone my name is Peter i am not electronics but hope to read and find how to repear some things this looks like a great forum

Comment

Working...
                                          X