X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all, UK based here.
    I'm a jack of all trades when it comes to repairs, from tvs, washers and the like, to phones, laptop's and more discrete components.
    I hate to see items go to waste because of in-built obsolescence, so do my best to prevent it.
    Skill set varies and I can generally learn enough to fix an issue I'm not familiar with in a short period of time.

Comment

Hi my name is Steve and I'm from the Dayton, Ohio area. I am 64 years old and retired from a local fire dept. In addition, I worked as a Machinist for 20 years on my days off. I have always been a do it yourself type of guy and love taking on new hobbies to keep myself busy and the mind active. Where I used to spend hours in the library every week, I now go to forums for help and knowledge of projects I'm working on. I have found Item specific forums contain an almost infinite amount of material from experianced and knowledgeable members to answer questions and to provide instructions about the subject matter. I also have found that spending some time researching the forums before asking for help right away usually results in me finding the answers to questions I have. The other thing one learns by researching is that you will weed out the true knowlegeable members from the BSers. I have a very limited background in electronics but I am able to use a multimeter to troubleshoot basic electronics. Probably not going to be alot of help to other members right away but look forward to be part of this group and learning from it.

Comment

Hi all, 1st post after reading the welcome post.

Be well.

Comment

Hello,
          I am from Germany, I repair older computers. I found this by searching DuckDuckGo with the term "HP Compaq DC7100", because I have on and use it with Lubuntu 18.04 x64. I had some bad caps and I successfully replaced them.

Comment

Hi THERE !!
            I'm from Roma, Italia. I'm a crazy repairer and my first computer was an ATARI :-) ... now I'm working around to Acer, ASUS, HP EliteBook and others Laptop & Desktop.
            LINUX LEAP 15.1 is my system. I hate "MS" & Bill G.
            Thanks for Your support and for Your presence!
            Bye

Comment

Hello,

My name is Krzysztof. Repairing a old and new computers is for me more a hobby then job. I signed to this forum to learn and discuss with people having similar interests.

BR, Krzysztof

Comment

Thanks for letting me join your forum. Name is Tim. In new at electronics but have begun a hobby building and flying drones. I got help with soldiering my first but recently purchased a Weller iron and started taking on oreos around the house. Nice to meet you all!

Comment

Hi there!
                  Glad to join this forum! I have quite a lot of experience in electronics repair, low-level system programming, embedded systems design, mechatronics etc.

Best Regardzzz!
                  Alex.

Comment

Hi everybody!

First of all thank you for accepting me as a member, I joined here to learn something and share my adventure in electronics reparing even if some of it came from luck, repaired by accident or persistence to know how it works, I hope that someday I'll be one of the successful repairer just like you guys!.

Comment

Hi,

Glad to join, looking to learn board repair.

Comment

Hi there!

New not-so-kid in the block. Raised as an electronics tech, became programmer by trade.
                        Basically, anything with any decent grade of technology in whets my interest.

<supermodelMode-ON>
                        I love tube amps, 80's home computers, and... putting me fingers where they do not belong to (try to) repair things. Not always can, tho.
                        <supermodelMode-OFF>

Thanks for letting me introduce meself,
                        zxMarce.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I'm Simon, owner of a repair-shop in Belgium.
                          I do speak french, my english is not perfect, sorry for that...

I do all kinds of repairs, but my main job is smartphones, screens, motherboards, ... .

I have CO2 laser cutting, CNC, 3d printer, and a lot off stuff for making and repair.

This is my website: www electron-libre.info

Thanks for the forum and the community.

Comment

Hi, obviously I am new here. I'm Luca, an Italian guy that looking for miracles in the deep sea of the internet.
                            I found this wonderful forum cause I had many mistakes in my life, like buy zbook with password ahahah

Comment

Hi,
                              I'm Aldo from Lima, Peru.
                              I ThinkPad enthusiast.
                              I have experience with Raspberry Pi with flashrom programmer.

Thanks!

Comment

hi

electronics enthusiast

Comment

Hi everyone. Have been into the PC seen for over 40 years and just has it with Microsoft and switched to a 2012 Macbook Pro. I have played around with mac here and there but not much until now. I surprised on the hardware problems with apple mackbooks. I have a 2012 macbook pro with video problems and came access this wonderful site to help and as hope to be helped.

Comment

hello everyone

Comment

Hello! pleasure to be here. My name is Joseph from California, and i fiddle around with anything i feel i can fix or repair. I have technical experience in electronics while serving in the US ARMY and a little stint at Ameritech institute. also with EADS North america and Astronics test systems. now i am disabled and try and do what i can. well? not much of a talker so i'll just end with , Thank's for allowing me here!

Comment

Hi

Comment

Coucou!
                                          This is what brought me here:
                                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18189

Comment

Working...
                                          X