This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello People and others not identifying as people, I am a repairer working my way (slowly but surely) deeper into board level repair. I've been doing this for almost 5 years now and hopefully I'll be able to excel and do this for even longer!

Thanks all.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

hi i am mike from abq nm. i am computer user, not electronics engineer.

Comment

Hello, I'm Brian from Missouri, I am a ham operator and heavy equipment operator. I've dabbled in electronics for years but when I stop I tend to forget a lot of what I've learned! Haha.

Comment

hi,
            i am ismail from Turkiye
            I work in the technical support of the computer department of a factory
            I am happy to be among you
            have a nice day everybody

Comment

Hello, I'm Rob from Norway. I repair and upgrade old audio equipment like Tandberg Radio and Parasound amplifiers. I find that I learn something new with about every new peoject. Happy to be aboard. Have a nice day!

Comment

Hello to everyone and thank you so much. Fantastic community of master.

Comment

I am Dennis from germany. I am into electronics for the most part of my life. As i am not an expert when it comes to board level repair i am hoping and can improve on that here. Happy to be aboard as well.

Comment

Hi, greetings from Poland ;-)

Comment

Hi,

I’m Arūnas from Lithuania, i’m in phone and computer repair services almost 18 years now. Now i mostly like Apple stuff

Comment

Hey guys and girls,
                        Hope i can learn a lot from your forum

Best regards

Comment

Hi I'm Al from Italy. I love to repair stuff!

Thank you all!

Happy repairing!

Comment

Hi I'm Dan from Philippines, i started fixing things at the age of 19 but noob level stuff, now i need progress so i joined badcaps ^_^

Knowledge is power
                            Keep up guys!

Comment

Hello people of Badcaps.net!
                              My name is Chris and I aqm saying hello from sunny Greece!
                              I am a novice when it comes to electronics, eventhough I do have a good understanding on what does what, but it is not my field of expertise by any stretch of imagination!
                              Looking for some advice around here, hopefully I may be able to help too!
                              Had a good look around the forums here, seems like a great place!
                              Thank you for hosting this and for having me over as well.
                              Cheers!
                              Chris

Comment

Hi, i am a new member. I have a problem with my PC and i will write on the forum in order to solve it.

Tks.

Comment

Christian, 46, software programmer and electronics addicted, started with ZX Spectrum 16k

Cheers to everyone!

Comment

Just saying Hi! and Big thanks to all the guys who are posting and actively helping others fixing other's issue's.

Comment

Hi, I'm Paul, a retired engineer (not electronics). I've got into electronics as a hobby as I fix stuff around the house and workshop. These days even everyday stuff has electronics in it, the result being when it breaks most people throw away and replace. I don't do that. As an engineer I have to know why has it broken, can I find out what has made the device break down and then try to fix it.

This has taken me down a really big rabbit hole of learning about electronics and setting up a basic home electronics lab. Searching this site has proved very helpful over the last couple of years giving me valuable pointers in troubleshooting; for instance HP switch mode psu cap problems. Hopefully I will graduate to making some projects of my own soon.

Thank you everybody,

Paul

Comment

I am new to this forum and interested in starting to work on micro soldering, in particular repair of laptop motherboards. First project, fixing the no backlight issue on a Macbook Pro 13 inch early 2015. The screen is fine (swopped the display with my other Macbook to try) so the problem seems to be on the logic board. Cannot wait to start working on this.

Comment

Hello Folks!

I found this forum whilst searching for advice on how to self repair my Samsung 60" flatscreen TV.

With an Engineering background, I've comfortably dangerous around electronics and have a healthy respect for electrical power. I still remember seeing a classmate in an electronics module of Physics, discharge a capacitor on himself! I'm sure he still remembers..... and it left an impression with me, obviously.

One of my favorite Uncles was a TV & Radio repair shop owner for 50 years..... I learned a lot from him.... and remember a discussion about "400VDC flyback transformers" in color TV's from the 70's. He's long gone, so I've picked up the torch to attempt to remediate my own Samsung issue. I look forward to support from the sages that frequent this forum. Thanks in advance, it should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                          X