• Show
Clear All

Re: LG 42PQ6000 plasma

ok thanks for you time knowledge and patience

is the av board non repairable?

Comment

In general it is not easily repairable.
      There is a board on eBay for £45, maybe cheaper elsewhere.
      If there are no lines or marks on the screen, it should be all that is necessary.
      Note, you must use 42" 720p main board, you cannot use 50" 720p or 1080p main boards.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ok thanks again

Comment

I know this post is super old, but I have this same issue, and I did the same steps here. Is it absolutely the mainboard? There's no other problem that could cause this? I will admit that I didn't measure the voltages, but the TV won't turn on, it is in standby, then power on clicks the relays, then they click off and it goes back to standby. It did run the tests perfectly, does this mean it's the same issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Agrionemys View Post
            I know this post is super old, but I have this same issue, and I did the same steps here. Is it absolutely the mainboard? There's no other problem that could cause this? I will admit that I didn't measure the voltages, but the TV won't turn on, it is in standby, then power on clicks the relays, then they click off and it goes back to standby. It did run the tests perfectly, does this mean it's the same issue?
            If the test patterns work fine then the issue is with the main board.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi, I know it's an old topic, but I still want to ask about my TV.
              Purple maps began to appear in the picture, most in bright places.
              Maybe some fix? Thank you.

Comment

I would advise checking Vs, Va, -Vy, Vsc and Vzbias voltages are z all correct, especially Vs when a bright image is displayed. We have seen PSUs struggle to regulate Vs under high load.

Also run the test pattern mode

Comment

Hi, I have a similar problem with the same model tv, would you be able to tell me how I attach the resistors? Complete newbie on this sort if thing, do I just push them into the cable socket holes of the av board end or do I have to solder them on to the actual pins on the power board? I can only find 2 STBY 5V pins not 3. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X