Sanyo dp46848 Power Surge Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo dp46848 Power Surge Blues

a sanyo dp46848 went through a power surge and was given to me for free..

Upon plugging it in, there is no flash, pop, hum or anything. When i press the power button a green light comes on for about 5-10 seconds, there is no screen flash or anything making a sound, nothing but the green light until it goes out.

I bought a used power power board 1AV4U20C32500 for 8 bucks (which could be bad itself) and it didn't change or fix anything, 5-10 second green light, nothing audio or visual on the screen or the TV.

I have an analog ohm meter and can check points but i don't know which ones to touch on this board.

I'm thinking a new Sanyo N6EE (1AA4B10N21300) Main Board for DP46848 for 39US or the Backlight Inverter master..

Any help or observations is greatly appreciated!

PoA

Re: Sanyo dp46848 Power Surge Blues

bump

Comment

If i change every board in this tv will it fix it? I have to fix it, it's my 3yr old daughters and I first project.. Any help is valuable to me

Comment

First we need high resolution, straight shot pictures of your boards. So we can see something to begin with. Next you going to need a digital multi meter. Then we need to have measurements in order to troubleshoot. If you just want to throw money at it by changing all the boards, be my guest, but at the same time you could buy an el cheapo TV on sale in one of the box stores.

Comment

Pretty certain you have a bad main board. There should be a code on the tuner on the main board. It will be something like N7EE or N7KE. You have to order the same board. I have a few here, but may not have the one you need. Post your code and I'll see what I have.
          Last edited by johnboy1313; 05-06-2016, 07:16 AM.

Comment

I'll take some high resolution of the boards when i get to it tomorrow..

Thanks all!
            PoA

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
              First we need high resolution, straight shot pictures of your boards. So we can see something to begin with. Next you going to need a digital multi meter. Then we need to have measurements in order to troubleshoot. If you just want to throw money at it by changing all the boards, be my guest, but at the same time you could buy an el cheapo TV on sale in one of the box stores.

Here ya go! This is the main board

Comment

Also need the PSU. Just use the attach function next time. Other than that it takes to long to load and all that scrolling.

Comment

This board was bought used and replaced. I still have the original somewhere, but this one is a new used that is guaranteed to work for 60 days
                  Attached Files

Comment

O.k. on top of your PSU there is a ribbon cable plugged in. Note down the pin out names and measure the DC voltages on all the pins while the TV is on and off. That will tell us what going on.

Comment

I think you may be better off with the original PSU board if you are going through the fault finding exercise. As CapLeaker has asked, if you can list the Pin Names and what voltages are read on those pins would be a good starting point.
                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

main board didnt fix it. im out of ideas, two new "used" boards new ones were over my limit. green light, nothing, then green off 5 sec later

Comment

Without proper diagnostics and voltage measurement we don't know wants going on with that TV. You would have to explain ever little detail what the tv is doing or not doing. Are the backlights coming on? Do they flash for 2 seconds then turn off? Are they totally off? If we would have those measurements what I asked for, you wouldn't be buying randomly boards. Btw at this point you didn't replace the inverters.

Comment

Here's what happens when i press the power button... the green light comes on, there are no clicks, pops, hums, no back lights come on, no flashes on the screen, nothing. then the green light goes out. the set never truly comes on.. just the green light for about 5 seconds, then the light goes out.. nothing at all else happens

Thanks for all the help Capleaker and Johnboy, I'm still trying to get my hands on a proper digital multi meter
                            Last edited by PibblesOnAcid; 05-12-2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X