mosfet value for inspiron, vegas/turis 15341-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mosfet value for inspiron, vegas/turis 15341-1

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has a spare board, to check the component number of a mosfet that burned out in my laptop. It is PQ4410. I cant tell if it should be a n-channel or p-channel mosfet, I get no voltage at gate when turning on the computer, so I dont know if someting else blew. If I bridge source to drain the computer does turn on. But I would like to replace the mosfet with the correct one.

It is near the dc in connector. The voltage goes through a p channel mosfet, then goes into this burned mosfet .

I have seached google photos for the board, but I cant find one with a close up to see the mosfet numbers. And there seems to be no leaked schematics for this board yet.

Last edited by liquidzorch; 07-31-2019, 10:14 AM.

Re: mosfet value for inspiron, vegas/turis 15341-1

I would solder N-channel for test. Won't hurt anything if you try it. Go for the highest amperage mosfet that you can find. If someone doesn't have exact board on hand for reference, it's gonna be a hit and miss. You could also try to determine the proper mosfet by checking which leg is supply voltage and which is load.

Comment

Originally posted by liquidzorch View Post
      Hello. I was wondering if anyone has a spare board, to check the component number of a mosfet that burned out in my laptop. It is PQ4410. I cant tell if it should be a n-channel or p-channel mosfet, I get no voltage at gate when turning on the computer, so I dont know if someting else blew. If I bridge source to drain the computer does turn on. But I would like to replace the mosfet with the correct one.

It is near the dc in connector. The voltage goes through a p channel mosfet, then goes into this burned mosfet .

I have seached google photos for the board, but I cant find one with a close up to see the mosfet numbers. And there seems to be no leaked schematics for this board yet.

as fuse says 1.1A u can use literraly any p-channel mosfet because 2A take anything

Comment

just short without gate pin, for test purpose only. It seems to be pnp mosfet friend

Comment

I have this board. if you need a photo ,
          circle the part of interest

Comment

Its a P channel mosfet. Possible replacement is FDMC4435BZ. It should be same as two dc-in mosfets.

Comment

3 mosfet of interest
              Attached Files

Comment

Based on the picture, the original is a Alpfa & Omega AON7403, available from digikey.
                Last edited by R_J; 08-02-2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I forgot I had posted. I put the computer aside. I have shorted it to make sure it works. Now I will order the correct part, that you guys have shown me. Thank you everyone for the replies.

Comment

Working...
                  X