Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benq W1070 projector power button blinks green

I have got this projector for free.
    The only symptom, that I can see is, when I plug in the AC cord, the power button starts blinking like every two seconds, continuously.
    Power, Lamp and Temp LEDs do not turn on.
    Previous owner thinks, that is a bad transformer. I'm not convinced about that.
    I have took it apart, inspected the power supply and ballast driver and did not see anything obviously bad.
    At elektrotanya, is available the SM(schematics):
    elektrotanya.com/benq_w1070_w1080st_ver.00a_level3.pdf/download.html
    Here it is, the level 2 SM:
    https://www.scribd.com/doc/208363905...Service-Manual
    This is the first time, that I'm trying to diagnose a projector(not counting the Epson 3020e).
    I have managed to measure some voltages, CN603: 174V(at 380V plug/ page. #18), at CN701: 12.65V, 3.3V(page #19).
    I did not take pictures yet, but this is my ballast driver:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/USED...ceBeautifyAB=0
    Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

Tibor

Read more: http://repairalmostanything.com/thre...#ixzz59pbmSAiF

Re: Benq W1070 projector power button blinks green

I have just purchased a (different) Benq projector and on that one, the power button stays on all the time green and there is a separate Power LED, which is orange.
    To me, it looks like the same setup.
    Since this one is blinking, it could be something wrong with the standby voltage?
    Another thing I should mention is, that this blinking green light, is very dim. I have noticed it, only in semi dark room.

Comment

Where should I start?
      Since the Power LED(guessing is the standby), is not on, that means, that I don't have standby voltage?
      Should I put it together, and start measuring the voltages on the mainboard?
      It uses a switching power supply.

Comment

This seems like, a switching power supply issue.
        I have 12.65V, 3.3V at CN701. I also have 171V at the primary side big capacitor, but I don't have 380V.
        There is a 21V PFC and I'm measuring only 15.4V(IC601), also at 19V PFC I'm getting only 11.2V(IC 611).
        IC601 pin #10, not getting anything.
        Power supply, is taken out and CN602 shorted, to be able to measure.
        I couldn't find anything about the STR-W6262A. Bud, you helped somebody, with an LG monitor and you have mentioned, I believe an STR-W6252 instead.
        Page #18/19
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tibimakai; 03-20-2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

No love for projectors, around here.
          I understand, not to many deal with these devices.
          It is still a SMPS power supply, as in a TV, or any other device.
          By itself, no mainboard attached, I'm getting some voltages in the secondary circuit, respectively 12.65V and 3.3V.
          The 385V is 0V. The 385V, is needed to turn on the bulb ballast board. I also have 171V, at the main capacitor. Some voltages are on even now, but they are much lower, that they should be. Like for example: 21V PFC is only 15.4V, the 19Vcc, is only 11.2V.
          I'm thinking, that the power supply needs a startup signal, same as a TV. Should I add a 1K resistor, between the 3.3V and pin #14, on connector CN701?

Comment

Hi,

I got exactly the same issue in my W7010 projector (power green led blinking) did you solved yours?

Comment

http://repairalmostanything.com/thre...n-blinks-green

Comment

Working...
              X