Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

systemd?

Oh I gotta ask this to you guys.
    There is a "what?" option for those who have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Why not?
    0%
    Stuck with it, fine will use it.
    0%
    GET THIS SH*T OFF OF ME!
    0%
    What? What the heck?
    0%

The poll is expired.

Re: systemd?

By the way, yes this is Linux related, though if you use Linux and still say "what? Huh?" I'd rather you select "Why not"

Comment

It's missing the "Yes definitely" option, but in any case that's just a troll…
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

most people dont choose a distro based on if it uses systemD

Comment

But do people avoid a distribution if it uses it? This is the question.

Comment

sysvinit. any use ?

Comment

Seems like nobody cares for or doesn't like systemd so far because they don't care to vote. Interesting. I was doing the same experiment on another forum which the anti-systemd'ers were overwhelmingly voting against it and the people who don't care either way...don't care (I know there are some people who don't mind systemd on that forum and the number of which that voted is far less than the people who use it).

So it looks like most people are "don't care either way" so far...

Comment

Perhaps it's the difference between general (home) users who are unlikely to encounter issues with it and those that use Linux in a fuller capacity that will perhaps encountered problems or understand the potential issues better so care more.

Comment

Actually the home user probably embraces systemd. It's the die hard server maintainers that are anti-systemd.

So nobody here is anti-systemd?

Surprised...thought there'd be at least a couple...

Comment

My concern with systemd is that it is > 1 million lines of code. As more functionality is added to it, the chances of errors, vulnerabilities, bugs, etc increase.

In addition, debugging, understanding it, reading, etc becomes more difficult that say a 500 or even 5000 line module.

I "use" systemd since lubuntu uses it.

Of course, there are distros that don't use systemd, but right now I don't find that I hate systemd enough to switch.
                    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
                      Actually the home user probably embraces systemd. It's the die hard server maintainers that are anti-systemd.

So nobody here is anti-systemd?

Surprised...thought there'd be at least a couple...
                      Yes, that was my point they might use it as users do, but the vast majority don't care how things work.
                      Similar to the way they don't care about the registry in Windows, or how their car engine works.

Comment

systemd is great for home users that move their machines around a lot, whether moving the antenna or the power switch or the whole physical machine. Without systemd it's all a hodge podge of software solutions, typically incompatible between distributions, to emulate allowing things people should have as root -- without actually being root.

I feel that people are afraid of saying systemd is fine too... Why? (if not, why not vote?) Has the super anti-systemd people scared people from saying systemd is fine?

Comment

Working...
                        X