Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLP Mitsubishi WD-65837 Will flash the screen on for a second, then blinking red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLP Mitsubishi WD-65837 Will flash the screen on for a second, then blinking red

I have a Mitsubishi WD-65837 DLP HDTV.
    When you turn it on, it flashes a green light (normal, warming the fans and lamps up) When the screen flashes on blue with logo, it turns off after a second with a flashing green light. I have uploaded a video to Youtube to demonstrate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfBiDeHirxI

I had this problem once before about 4 years ago, The light would flash green while it warmed up and when you usually heard the *click* of the lamps coming on, there was no *click* or screen lightup, just directly to red flashing light.

I installed a Mitsubishi 934C329001 Power Supply https://www.shopjimmy.com/mitsubishi...wer-supply.htm

That fixed it for about a yer and a half until it did it again, (but the screen flashing) I ordered and replaced the power board but that didn't fix anything,

I put the TV up for a couple years and now it's time to fix it..

Does anyone have any observations or ideas on what it could be? apparantly it isn't the power board :p

Thanks!
    PibblesOnAcid

Re: DLP Mitsubishi WD-65837 Will flash the screen on for a second, then blinking red

I just watched your video. Seems like your DLP is trying to turn on, fires up the lamps and shuts back down. If your PSU is good, I would be looking hard at that lamp ballast.
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 05-06-2016, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Re: DLP Mitsubishi WD-65837 Will flash the screen on for a second, then blinking red

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
      I just watched your video. Seems like your DLP is trying to turn on, fires up the lamps and shuts back down. If your PSU is good, I would be looking hard at that lamp ballast.

I'll give it a shot, It was stored in a dusty home and got a lot of dust in it

Comment

Working...
      X