Onkyo TX-NR525 Bad Caps???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onkyo TX-NR525 Bad Caps???

So I found this receiver at my local transfer station brought it home and plugged it in and it seemed to work fine. Once I started watching something I noticed it flickered for a second. The sound was fine but the picture would blink for a second and then come back and it does this every couple of seconds. So I did some research and couldn't find any issue with this specific receiver (TX-NR525 yr 2013). I did see a lot of issue's with the hdmi boards on older models.

I'm a newbie and have had luck in the past fixing T.V.'s but mostly by buying new boards. I'd like to use this opportunity to dig a little deeper and see if I can fix the board. I've noticed on a lot the onkyo hdmi boards issue's where bad caps. I'm guess this might be a cap going bad?

So the hdmi board I have is bchdm 1347. I've include pictures. Let me know what you guys/gals think could be the issue with the board.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Onkyo TX-NR525 Bad Caps???

Bad caps were on the older receivers, on these newer ones the DSP IC solder balls are the most likely cause. Try reheating that Texas Instruments DSP IC, or you may have to replace it, which is hard to find these days. There is a recall on these ICs. They fail way to early. There is a newer IC, that should be used, instead of B version(what most likely what you have now) a D version should be used instead. Look at the part number, do you see a B in there?

Comment

Ok I can take a look as see which one I have. I'll try heating it up and see what happens.
      Last edited by pm240sx1; 08-04-2019, 06:11 PM.

Comment

You'll need to use some liquid flux under the ic chip if you are attempting a reflow or the solder balls will all stick together

Comment

Working...
        X