X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smartphone willful damage !? Samsung j530

Hi all,
    I'm a professional repair's shop owner in Belgium,

I did replace an amoled's screen for a teenager, the trouble was a black screen with few pixels still working... no "physical" damages, no lignes, no liquid damages visible.
    The replacement did solve the trouble.

1 week after, the teenager bring back the smartphone, same kind of trouble on the new screen.

I never see this default on any screen before, i suspect him to apply high pressure on the display in order to break the display... and get a new phone from his parents.

On the picture, just the border of the display still working... where high pressure is not possible.

I don't want to accuse him without any proof... i hope i'm wrong.

Thanks for your help !
    Attached Files

Re: Smartphone willful damage !? Samsung j530

I have seen this a few times. Happens with some amoled screens after an impact for example. The top glass stays fine but an inner layer is cracked or shattered.

So it might have been dropped.

Comment

Thanks, the inner layer still working... but just on the side. When it's craked, the inner layer display lignes or fractures or nothing... here it's different i have a better picture here:
      Attached Files

Comment

maybe it flexed from being in a back-trousers pocket - i hate seeing people with the phone there.
        only a matter of time before they forget and sit on it!

Comment

maybe it flexed from being in a back-trousers pocket - i hate seeing people with the phone there.

Comment

Working...
          X