Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about Fnirsi-5012H portable osciloscope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think about Fnirsi-5012H portable osciloscope?

I bought one 2 days ago. Only one channel, but 100mhz bandwidth. Want to use it to do on field troubleshooting of electronics, especially computer equipment. Bought it for 280BGN(150USD) Is it worth the money I spent for it? I couldn't find anything better in this price range. The reviews and opinions in the russian hobby electronics sites seem to be promising. I could have bought stationary osciloscope for twise the money, again 100mhz, but 2-3 channels and more functional, but it isn't practical for my applications.
    Last edited by televizora; 01-18-2020, 03:15 AM.
    Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
    1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Re: What do you think about Fnirsi-5012H portable osciloscope?

a link would help

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      a link would help
      link here
      P. S i don't know why when I open the link, the site is in russian. Seems like it's because the last stuff I read was in Russian
      Last edited by televizora; 01-18-2020, 09:41 AM.
      Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
      1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

$70 with free shipping,
        looks interesting.
        i like how it uses a regular probe instead of one with a mini plug like most pocket scopes.

Comment

I thought that someone have used such a shtuchka and has any thoughts, opinions and etc. Never thought that noone uses portable osciloscopes in tech forum.
          I found a thread about reverse engineering this oscilloscope and they claim that real bandwidth is about 50mhz before the oscilloscope starts to do weird things and real sample rate is no more than 250MSamples interlaced using the whole ADC
          Maybe someday I will buy something better and expensive. But i wanted a dispensable thing that could be used on the field. No enough place for stationary osciloscope.
          Last edited by televizora; 01-20-2020, 02:20 AM.

Comment

i have a 50MHz philips/fluke scope meter and several real scopes that arent too big to carry - most people here have older expensive tools.

Comment

and several real scopes that arent too big to carry
              But you cant use it to diagnose for example car sensors, for example lamba probe, because the the car engine has to run and to be in in its operating temperature. And its very inconvinient to bring inverter with yourself, right? And sometimes you just dont have enough space or dont have 230v power to bring full size scope with you. There is desktop measurement equipment but you like your pocket size multimeter with 9v battery that has ridiculous autonomous power time.
              This is what this topic is about.
              Last edited by televizora; 01-20-2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

well i work on cars in a workshop or outside the owners house - where are you going to get power for the soldering iron and hot air station (for heatshrink)

you make it sound like your recovering cars from the middle of a forrest or up a mountain!!

Comment

well i work on cars in a workshop or outside the owners house - where are you going to get power for the soldering iron and hot air station (for heatshrink)
                  Have gas(lpg) and battery powered soldering iron About the heatshrinks - a simple lighter does the trick

Comment

AHA - so it's you who burns the end of the heatshrink!!!
                    finally i found the guilty person!

Comment

(for heat-shrink tubing
                      You could use a battery operated heat gun something like this
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply
                      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...8-20/302456583

I have one of these heat guns and it works very good the only down side to this heat gun is that you have to use the 9 amp or the 6 amp hour battery ( you get very good results ) or if you use the 3 amp or the 4 amp hour battery it runs down very fast
                        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 01-21-2020, 10:21 AM.
                        9 PC LCD Monitor
                        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                        1 Dell Mother Board
                        15 Computer Power Supply
                        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

AHA - so it's you who burns the end of the heatshrink!!!
                          finally i found the guilty person!
                          Yup, found guilty. But if you have some experience this doesnt happen often. Never used heatgun for heatshrinks. Too much hassle if you are on the field.
                          Last edited by televizora; 01-21-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X