Hp 840 G3 board no: 6050A2822301-MB-A01 5V, 3V missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp 840 G3 board no: 6050A2822301-MB-A01 5V, 3V missing

Please I need assistance in resolving the issue with this motherboard. At first, the ACDRV was absent which did not allow voltage present in the system. Gladly, the voltage is present now but the system did not turn on. I notice 5V and 3V are absent. Please how can I go about this problem. No schematics nor boardview seem to be available for this board.

thanks

Re: Hp 840 G3 board no: 6050A2822301-MB-A01 5V, 3V missing

If DC-IN Circuit is fine now and Main Power Rail after Second DC-IN Mosfets present you need to find and check the 3V/5V Controller, usually it has 20 - 24 Pins.

If you need Help for this, you have to Share HQ Pics of both Sides of the Board.
    FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
      If DC-IN Circuit is fine now and Main Power Rail after Second DC-IN Mosfets present you need to find and check the 3V/5V Controller, usually it has 20 - 24 Pins.

If you need Help for this, you have to Share HQ Pics of both Sides of the Board.
      Thanks a lot for your response.
      Attached are the board pictures
      Attached Files

Comment

You're Sure 19V is present at the Current Resistor (See Red circle of attached Pic)?

What exactly do you have done in this area?
        Attached Files
        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

You're Sure 19V is present at the Current Resistor (See Red circle of attached Pic)?

What exactly do you have done in this area?
          I did nothing to the resistor. I changed the spider that is beside it.

Yes the IC produces the 25V for the gate FETs. I've also replaced it with a donor board. Same thing.

The reason I changed the spider was that it was pulling the ACDET to 2.4V, hence other side of ACOK didn't get 3V. But everything becomes normal after I changed it.

But FET beside the circular resistor does not open, gate absent, I'm not sure if it will be open after the system turns on
          Last edited by Zilicon; 07-18-2021, 08:10 AM.

Comment

If i Understand it right, you replaced the Charging Controller. Replacement is exactly the Same model?

At the circled Point has to be 19V present as soon as the Adapter is plugged in. So is it present there or isn't it?
            FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

If i Understand it right, you replaced the Charging Controller. Replacement is exactly the Same model?

At the circled Point has to be 19V present as soon as the Adapter is plugged in. So is it present there or isn't it?

Yes 19V is present.
              And yes I replaced it with the exact type, I have a donor board with me. But it still remain the same with 19V present.

Comment

You should atleast mention the marking on your 3V/5V regulator IC. Measure the pins of this regulator and post here.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                  You should atleast mention the marking on your 3V/5V regulator IC. Measure the pins of this regulator and post here.
                  I'm having problem identifying ffg ying the IC itself, and markings on the ICs have faded out somehow.

I'm not sure if they use buck converters to achieve the power rails. No schematics or boardview that I can use for tracing.

Comment

Originally posted by Zilicon View Post
                    I'm having problem identifying ffg ying the IC itself, and markings on the ICs have faded out somehow.

I'm not sure if they use buck converters to achieve the power rails. No schematics or boardview that I can use for tracing.
                    It is quite easy to figure out 3v/5v regulator because it same as on other board. You can take any board for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by dspok View Post
                      It is quite easy to figure out 3v/5v regulator because it same as on other board. You can take any board for reference.
                      Ok thanks.
                      I will try this out

Comment

Hi i have a hp zbook 15u g3 with 6050A2822301-MB-A01 MB trouble. No power, no led lits. Power supply is ok and power connector is ok. Can help me?

Comment

Originally posted by thema979@yahoo.it View Post
                          Hi i have a hp zbook 15u g3 with 6050A2822301-MB-A01 MB trouble. No power, no led lits. Power supply is ok and power connector is ok. Can help me?
                          fist check 19v line and 3v and 5v

Comment

I don't have a schematics for notebook. can you help me understand where to check the 19v 3 and 5v?

Comment

Originally posted by mrwab View Post
                              fist check 19v line and 3v and 5v
                              I don't have a schematics for notebook. can you help me understand where to check the 19v 3 and 5v?
                              Thank you 🙏🙏

Comment

Originally posted by thema979@yahoo.it View Post
                                Thank you 🙏🙏
                                Here is the controllers of of 3v and 5v.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by viktinho View Post
                                  Here is the controllers of of 3v and 5v.
                                  i have nothing, 5v and 3v is absent.
                                  these are normal in short?
                                  what do you think could be the problem?

thank you
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by thema979@yahoo.it; 10-06-2022, 10:46 AM.

Comment

After some detective work - the 840 G3 appears to be almost identical for the charger + DCin mosfet area in all models:

840 G1
                                    840 G2
                                    840 G3

Based on this detail, download the schematic & boardview files from here:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=840+g1

The schematic and part numbers match across the logic boards. The boardview files may be different but for now, it does not matter.

Review the attached.

1) Connect the external power adapter.

2) Start with mosfet @ Q6011 -> confirm the voltage on pins 1-2-3 = Source pins.

Meter in 20v DC or higher voltage scale.

Red meter probe on pins 1-2-3 and black meter probe to ground.

What is the voltage reading ? It should be ~19 volts. Confirm it.

3) Next, check the voltage on pin # 4 = GATE pin for this mosfet.

What is the voltage ?

Voltage on DRAIN pins 5-6-7-8 -> what is the voltage ?

In each case, red probe to pin to test & black probe to ground.

We are interested to review the voltage readings of each mosfet (Q6011 & Q6012).

Post all measurements.

The voltage @ Q6012, pin # 5-6-7-8 will power the logic board.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by mon2; 10-06-2022, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                                      After some detective work - the 840 G3 appears to be almost identical for the charger + DCin mosfet area in all models:

840 G1
                                      840 G2
                                      840 G3

Based on this detail, download the schematic & boardview files from here:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=840+g1

The schematic and part numbers match across the logic boards. The boardview files may be different but for now, it does not matter.

Review the attached.

1) Connect the external power adapter.

2) Start with mosfet @ Q6011 -> confirm the voltage on pins 1-2-3 = Source pins.

Meter in 20v DC or higher voltage scale.

Red meter probe on pins 1-2-3 and black meter probe to ground.

What is the voltage reading ? It should be ~19 volts. Confirm it.

3) Next, check the voltage on pin # 4 = GATE pin for this mosfet.

What is the voltage ?

Voltage on DRAIN pins 5-6-7-8 -> what is the voltage ?

In each case, red probe to pin to test & black probe to ground.

We are interested to review the voltage readings of each mosfet (Q6011 & Q6012).

Post all measurements.

The voltage @ Q6012, pin # 5-6-7-8 will power the logic board.
                                      now the situation is really strange. at first on Q60010 I had 19v, now not anymore. the situation is like in the video and Q60010 is hot. I have no voltage on Q60011 and Q60012.
                                      I do not know what to think
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Locate L6035 which will be near the dcin connector (JACK6000).

What is the voltage on each side of L6035?

If required, remove L6035 with flux and hot air to confirm that the adapter voltage is present.

It is very possible that the first mosfet is defective.

Comment

Working...
                                        X