Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extract bios password from EliteBook 840 G8 Bios dump, possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Extract bios password from EliteBook 840 G8 Bios dump, possible?

I'm assuming that the stock BIOS image extracted from the official HP BIOS exe can not be directly flashed, right ?

Also, should the patch in post #9 be used on both chips?

And, how is this patch found? I mean is there work we can individually do to contribute to solutions on other laptops? I'd rather not just be a helpless leech like now...

Comment

HP EliteBook 850 G8 unlock please

hello guys

i tried RC unlocker but it give me error to try with 16mb chip

i read that i need a modefied dump to work . but i dont know how to mod it

if anyone can help that would be awesome

this dump is for the 32mb chip on the back

and please tell me how it done so i dont bother you guys again

thanks
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-26-2023, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook 850 G8 bios locked

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
        Ofcourse . In the first boot, you have to go into bios setting for dissable all the security options.
        hopefully you can help me , and please tell me how

Comment

Originally posted by m3mo3y View Post
          hopefully you can help me , and please tell me how
          In the first boot, you have to go into bios setting for dissable all the security options.
          Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

In the first boot, you have to go into bios setting for dissable all the security options.

NvramActiveRegn section removed ??? thanks man i will try it
            you are awesome

Comment

After flashing the bios and verifying the flash
              I got a 6 blinking caps lock led
              Which on hp website indicates a BIOS authentication issue

Any suggestions??
              Attached Files

Comment

Check your process again, is it good to solder the bios chip to the motherboard, is the data written to the chip through the programmer guaranteed?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Check your process again, is it good to solder the bios chip to the motherboard, is the data written to the chip through the programmer guaranteed?

I did a mistake reading the chip , but i don't think it's going to effect

The chip is 3v and i tried to dump ut using 1.8v adapter then i realized it's 3v chip

But it read and write fine..
                  Is that a problem??

Comment

Yup it was a bridge solder joint 😥 and fixed and the laptop boots fine now with no password

Thanks my man❤️❤️

Comment

Originally posted by m3mo3y View Post
                      Yup it was a bridge solder joint 😥 and fixed and the laptop boots fine now with no password

Thanks my man❤️❤️
                      Hello, I don't want to steal the thread but can you please indicate what IC programmer did you use?
                      Thank you

Comment

If you are doing this for one time, go for the cheap ones, and IF for a living or to learn further, medium price are OK, I use a tl866-ll plus, never had issues with it, except when I tried reading two wson chips at the same time. Consider this: you are messing with a several hundred dollar machine, do not expect everything to go OK with a cheap one, soldering skills are needed too, best not to use a clip nor wires. It makes more sense to take MOBO to a skilled phone repair shop, just for desoldering and soldering back. Takes them a few minutes, even seconds to take out chip.

Comment

Originally posted by lleg0 View Post
                          Hello, I don't want to steal the thread but can you please indicate what IC programmer did you use?
                          Thank you

its a cheap ch341 3.3v moded programmer it does the job for me and i have 1.8v adapter also i recommend you to buy the new version (ch341a programmer v1.7)

Comment

i have 840 G8 locked, i need unlock (patch didn't work)

Comment

Originally posted by adom View Post
                              I can't unlock it either, perhaps post the other chip contents?

Comment

Originally posted by adom View Post
                                In the first boot you have to go into bios setting to disable all the security options for avoid activate " Absotute " or " computrace " feature.

Comment

Re: hp elitebook 840 g8 bios password

hi friend, I have a problem with this same laptop, when it enters windows a lock message appears, I send an image with the lock, can I correct this with the HxD program?
                                  Thank you

Comment

In the first boot you have to go into bios setting to disable all the security options for avoid activate " Absotute " or " computrace " feature.
                                    hi Hoaca388, can you help me ?

Comment

Elitebook 840 G8 bios unlock (Administrator Password)

Hello,

Can you help me unlocking the admin password for HP Elitebokk 840 G8? (i5 gen 11th)
                                      Dump attached, contains the BIOS and EC ROM;

no luck with RCUnlocker

Thank you!

Comment

Re: Elitebook 840 G8 bios unlock (Administrator Password)

Originally posted by lleg0 View Post
                                        hello,

can you help me unlocking the admin password for hp elitebokk 840 g8? (i5 gen 11th)
                                        dump attached, contains the bios and ec rom;

no luck with rcunlocker

thank you!
                                        feedback reprogram only ec

Comment

Re: Elitebook 840 G8 bios unlock (Administrator Password)

Originally posted by miansh621 View Post
                                          feedback reprogram only ec
                                          I tried using stock (locked) bios and your EC and laptop doesn't power on; Caps lock on and that's it;

Comment

Working...
                                          X