BIOS Dell Latitude 7200 DDB20 LA-G661P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIOS Dell Latitude 7200 DDB20 LA-G661P

Hi to all, please can anyone share a working bios dump for this mainboard?
    It has a U34 W25Q256JVEQ IC locked by a bios password.
    I've searched for other 8FC8 suffix dumps and made some comparisons between some locked-unlocked dumps, but I didn't find a general rule for unlocking it by myself using HxD

Re: BIOS Dell Latitude 7200 DDB20 LA-G661P

Upload that locked bios here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hi hoaca388, thank you, here is my dumped bios
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by modtool View Post
        Hi hoaca388, thank you, here is my dumped bios
        Unlocked
        Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Thank you so much hoaca388, also for your quickness, I've seen the changes and I've understood a little more about it.
          I've tried to write this file into the W25Q256JVEQ IC but it seems that my programmer (Willem original v5.0B) can't do it correctly, even if , as you have verified, can correctly read it and also cancel it (I've read the IC after the cancel operation and it saves a file full of FF).
          I've compared the content of the IC and the file I'd like to write (yours but also the original one) but it seems that it mixes up some lines from the start of the file and some from the middle of the file :/

I know that is an old programmer, but as told before, it can read and cancel this W25Q256JVEQ IC, it doesn't recognize the IC with the "Autoselect chip" function (it returns Maufacturer 0x60 and Device Code 0x6060) but I can choose manually among different ICs:
          MX25L25635E
          MX25L25735E
          W25Q256FV
          EN25QH256

After choosing one of them , it reads correctly.
          Do you know how can I solve this problem?

Comment

Thank you so much hoaca388, also for your quickness, I've seen the changes and I've understood a little more about it.
            I've tried to write this file into the W25Q256JVEQ IC but it seems that my programmer (Willem original v5.0B) can't do it correctly, even if , as you have verified, can correctly read it and also cancel it (I've read the IC after the cancel operation and it saves a file full of FF).
            I've compared the content of the IC and the file I'd like to write (yours but also the original one) but it seems that it mixes up some lines from the start of the file and some from the middle of the file :/

I know that is an old programmer, but as told before, it can read and cancel this W25Q256JVEQ IC, it doesn't recognize the IC with the "Autoselect chip" function (it returns Maufacturer 0x60 and Device Code 0x6060) but I can choose manually among different ICs:
            MX25L25635E
            MX25L25735E
            W25Q256FV
            EN25QH256

After choosing one of them , it reads correctly.
            Do you know how can I solve this problem?
            I don't know how to solve it, before flashing, did you remove the main battery and CMOS battery? or try replacing a new chip

Comment

Well, of course I removed the main battery (this Dell 7200 is like a tablet, but with a mainboard of a laptop) and I unsoldered the bios IC from mainboard, then I red it and flashed it by the Willem Programmer

Comment

Maybe, you need a new programmer.

Comment

Hi hoaca388, I'm glad to inform you that I've found a friend with a newer programmer, it wrote on that IC correctly the fixed image you gave me and now the 2-in-1 thing is working good !
                  Thank you again for this kind solution !

Comment

Dd820 la-g661p rev:1.0 (a00)

@ Mr hoaca388 , Good day sir. Please help to remove this dell bios password sir. this is my file sir, and this is the board

number sir DD820 LA-G661P REV:1.0 (A00)

Comment

Re: Dd820 la-g661p rev:1.0 (a00)

Originally posted by Akintunde View Post
                      @ Mr hoaca388 , Good day sir. Please help to remove this dell bios password sir. this is my file sir, and this is the board

number sir DD820 LA-G661P REV:1.0 (A00)
                      Post the locked bios file here, I will unlock it tomorrow morning if no one has done it yet.

Comment

Hi hoaca388, I'm glad to inform you that I've found a friend with a newer programmer, it wrote on that IC correctly the fixed image you gave me and now the 2-in-1 thing is working good !
                        Thank you again for this kind solution !

where is the bios chip located please? and what do you recommend on dumping it with

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                          unlocked
                          how to remove 8fc8 and computrace using hxd ?

Comment

HELLO!! can someone help me unlock this bios from a dell latitude 7200? thank you
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jafasbay@gmail.com View Post
                              how to remove 8fc8 and computrace using hxd ?
                              read BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools it's ALL in there, you just have to think a little bit ...
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                              all donations are welcome,
                              see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                              >>>>>
                              click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                              Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by mcm022006 View Post
                                HELLO!! can someone help me unlock this bios from a dell latitude 7200? thank you
                                if you want our help follow the RULES of this forum.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                                  if you want our help follow the RULES of this forum.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
                                  so where did i go wrong at this?

the service tag of this laptop has a 8fc8 suffix and the www.beta.bios-pw.org does not work.

i got this laptop from a junkyard near my home.. repaired it and i discovered that it has a bios password set. i kindly ask for help here. nothing else.. so again .. where did i go wrong with this?

Comment

so where did i go wrong at this?

the service tag of this laptop has a 8fc8 suffix and the www.beta.bios-pw.org does not work.

i got this laptop from a junkyard near my home.. repaired it and i discovered that it has a bios password set. i kindly ask for help here. nothing else.. so again .. where did i go wrong with this?
                                    you JUST have to READ to understand:

You are requesting help
                                    If you do not abide by the following rules, your post will be deleted.

You MUST NOT:
                                    Hijack threads unrelated to your request
                                    Post a request in multiple threads
                                    Post a request multiple times
                                    Post in foreign (non-English) languages
                                    Share private contact information
                                    Offer payment of any kind whatsoever
                                    Bump your thread or post more than once every 48 hours. If you do so
                                    you will receive an infraction
                                    Post "clean me", "clear bios", "clean bios", "bios need", "clear me" or other such terms

You MUST:
                                    Read BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools
                                    Try the method at BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools before requesting help
                                    Explain you were not able to succeed with the methods at BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools
                                    Use search function in case someone already answered your request
                                    Post under a related thread if it exists
                                    Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 )
                                    Name your thread with model numbers and request
                                    Provide a BIOS/EC dump if possible
                                    Attach files directly to your post instead of linking to external websites
                                    Post what the problem is, be specific, - black screen, no boot, running slow, password.Do NOT post "clean me", "clear bios", "clean bios", "bios need" or other such terms ,

got it now? SERVICE TAG is NOT 8FC8, that's the SUFFIX!
                                    >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                                      you JUST have to READ to understand:

You are requesting help
                                      If you do not abide by the following rules, your post will be deleted.

You MUST NOT:
                                      Hijack threads unrelated to your request
                                      Post a request in multiple threads
                                      Post a request multiple times
                                      Post in foreign (non-English) languages
                                      Share private contact information
                                      Offer payment of any kind whatsoever
                                      Bump your thread or post more than once every 48 hours. If you do so
                                      you will receive an infraction
                                      Post "clean me", "clear bios", "clean bios", "bios need", "clear me" or other such terms

You MUST:
                                      Read BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools
                                      Try the method at BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools before requesting help
                                      Explain you were not able to succeed with the methods at BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools
                                      Use search function in case someone already answered your request
                                      Post under a related thread if it exists
                                      Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 )
                                      Name your thread with model numbers and request
                                      Provide a BIOS/EC dump if possible
                                      Attach files directly to your post instead of linking to external websites
                                      Post what the problem is, be specific, - black screen, no boot, running slow, password.Do NOT post "clean me", "clear bios", "clean bios", "bios need" or other such terms ,

got it now? SERVICE TAG is NOT 8FC8, that's the SUFFIX!

man.. i allready told you that is the suffix..

the service tag is JDVD1Z2-8fc8
                                      model of motherboard is LA-G661p

Comment

man.. i allready told you that is the suffix..

the service tag is JDVD1Z2-8fc8
                                        model of motherboard is LA-G661p
                                        service tag is JUST JDVD1Z2 ...

1st boot press F2 and write service tag, disable Absolute, Apply Changes, restart. 2nd boot press alt+F to exit factory mode. Let it run for 2mins, it will restart several times without displaying anything.

Cu placere!
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by volinakis; 09-26-2023, 01:25 PM.
                                        >>>>>

Comment

Working...
                                        X