LG OLED 55EC930T Off after a few seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG OLED 55EC930T Off after a few seconds

I join a long line of posts with a similar issue but have a slight difference, so I am seeking definitive advice to give up, as the screen is dead or not as it maybe a board.
    Rather than go into all the detail, as I have read and followed a lot of the posts and this issue - especially from Diah. I will summarize,
    I have proven all the PS voltages via the globe test (12v 55/60W globe)
    I have connected the unplugged T-Con board to 12V and 24V after linking Power on and Driver on to 3.5V. This test starts a cyclic black, red, green, blue, white screen display. The difference I have to other posts is that only a portion of the screen is always black and I have a good full width band across the bottom. This test ran for 45mins with nothing getting hot.

This looks to me like an addressing error (missing a significant bit) rather than a shorted OLED cell - I'm assuming the cell addressing is a function of the T-Con.
    See images, noting the moiré pattern on white is not visible to the eye.

Main symptom, with everything plugged in, is turn off after a few seconds (same as most other posts on LG OLED55EC930*)
    I haven't tried any reset processes as yet as I don't have an IR device only have the magic remote. I also don't have an oscilloscope as mine blew up after not using it enough (gassy CRT)
    Attached Files

Re: LG OLED 55EC930T Off after a few seconds

Originally posted by Davo291 View Post
    especially from Diah. I will summarize,
    I have proven all the PS voltages via the globe test (12v 55/60W globe)
    I have connected the unplugged T-Con board to 12V and 24V after linking Power on and Driver on to 3.5V. This test starts a cyclic black, red, green, blue, white screen display. The difference I have to other posts is that only a portion of the screen is always black
    because you summarize my test guides so i am answering you over here and will be my last one over the forum.
    yours issue could be 2
    the first are bad OLED muddle
    the second bad ribbon ( burn ) or BGA at t-con ( this less happened )

on both reasons you can have linted function on this tv by bypass the micom IC3000 on main boards to low on 24v sync pins.. the SMPS test PDF of this set am sure you downloaded over this forum explain which pins.

good luck and keep all healthy.

bye

Comment

Thanks Diah
      I was able to progress troubleshooting by setting up an IR remote android and setting In-Stop. This enabled the set to start and I had a tv picture and sound for a short time. The TV image covered the full screen, however was faded with random horizontal noise in the same area visualized in the red, green, blue test (See attached). After a short time the set turned off and returned to the switch off after a few seconds sequence. This definitely eliminated the main board as the cause of the issue.

No matter what I tried I could not again reset the fault mode via In-Stop.

Continuing with the T-Con and back to the test RGB setup,
      I swapped around the ribbon cables to different positions
      I tried to mechanically and thermally affect the BGA components of the T-Con but nothing changed the image.
      I'll assume that the issue is with some inaccessible component of the OLED panel as I think it will be a waste of money to get a dubious quality T-Con board off eBay. Time to give up an contribute more 1st world junk to the environment. Thanks LG - it worked great for 5 whole years.

Happy for anyone else to convince me it would be a good idea to try changing the T-Con.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi all,
        I'm a new guy here.
        Got a dumped LG 55EC930T due to non-switching on issue.
        When the set is powered up with 230V and switched on with the power button, the LG logo lights up with the relay clicking and fades away after 3 seconds with the relay clicking.

As recommended in the other threads, the set was opened up and the SMPS test was conducted. SMPS test passed without any issues. Then the main board was removed, and the T-CON was rigged to get in to the RGB panel test mode where the solid Red, Green, Blue, and white screens are produced (Attachments A, B, C, D, E). Then the Main board was refixed, and the connectors were fixed in place and set was switched on again. Still the same issue persists.

Then the set was switched on with the Service remote with power only button and the white screen (Attachment F) is appeared and goes off after 10 seconds. attached the pictures. What should be my next move in identifying the fault of the TV set.
        During these 10 seconds the IC (Attachment G) indicated on the main board heats up a lot.

Thanks in advance.

BR
        Dulaj
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dvadssc View Post
          Hi all,
          I'm a new guy here.
          Got a dumped LG 55EC930T
          try to insert USB stick on it root mpeg (video ) film, and on other usb port USB mouse or air mouse.... then turn on and start play with mouse... hope yours MB will wake up

Comment

Thanks Diah,

Tried as you suggested. powered up with a USB stick plugged in with mpeg and tried using a USB mouse simultaneously. Still the same.
            When powered up with the usual power on button the set clicks off in 3 seconds during which the USB mouse keep lit.
            When powered up with power only same white screen above appears and shuts down after few seconds. During the service power only command USB mouse does not light up.
            Any other tests you want me to try out?

Many Thanks,
            Dulaj

Comment

Thanks Diah,

Tried as you suggested. powered up with a USB stick plugged in with mpeg and tried using a USB mouse simultaneously. Still the same.
              When powered up with the usual power on button the set clicks off in 3 seconds during which the USB mouse keep lit.
              When powered up with power only same white screen above appears and shuts down after few seconds. During the service power only command USB mouse does not light up.
              Any other tests you want me to try out?

Many Thanks,
              Dulaj
              during power only try to exit this mode before it turn off.
              and do again the stand alone test for panel and t-con long time to be sure there are no burn in cells

Comment

Dear Diah,

Did exactly as you suggested. found some dead pixels on the white screen (attached picture) and put it to regenerate. How long do you want me to keep it running? what do you suggest I do after that.

Thanks again for your immense support.

Regard
                Dulaj
                Attached Files

Comment

keep it on.. for at least 1 hour... and with yours finger click on the area smoothly to notice any change... but be caution . it may get fire at this burned place

Comment

BTW. did you removed the ribbon cable on this area between T-CON and module ?
                    in case you did before... then need to inspect the pins contact of the ribbon cable if there any where shortness or moved to side

Comment

Dear Diah,

I have kept it on for about an hour now. The panel seems okay now. No flickering or dead pixels observed now. Shall I keep it like this for some more time or what should I do next?

Regards,
                      Dulaj
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dear Diah,

I have kept it on for about an hour now. The panel seems okay now. No flickering or dead pixels observed now. Shall I keep it like this for some more time or what should I do next?

Regards,
                        Dulaj
                        read my last post.... and this color should be real white not such color..

Comment

Yes I have removed the ribbons from T-CON to display and T-CON to main board. I have checked for any short or defected connections before connecting back and found no observable issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                            It is pure white. The phone camera doesn't capture it properly due to the change of screens in a rapid succession.

Comment

Yes I have removed the ribbons from T-CON to display and T-CON to main board. I have checked for any short or defected connections before connecting back and found no observable issue.
                              then you have sos signal.. see the other threat of today where we were talking on micom pin 16

Comment

then you have sos signal.. see the other threat of today where we were talking on micom pin 16
                                Diah,

I think the issue is with the panel. When the set is switched off and switched on again the initial black display came on like this.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Diah,

I think the issue is with the panel. When the set is switched off and switched on again the initial black display came on like this.
                                  yes its panel burned... you can isolate the SOS signal between T-CON and MB to remain on.... in this case the TV had function pixel refresh who knows could be work for long time as now its rubbish

Comment

yes its panel burned... you can isolate the SOS signal between T-CON and MB to remain on.... in this case the TV had function pixel refresh who knows could be work for long time as now its rubbish
                                    Thanks for all your support Diah. Ill try your method to isolate the SOS signal and try to get it functioning again.

Comment

Sorry to bother you again Diah,

Kept the display running for several hours and the display issue is not present anymore. Also done some on /off cycles of the display pattern and no any observable issue identified. attached a video zip file also.
                                      Still when switching on using the remote relay clicks off in few seconds. and even though tried to wake using the mouse and no luck.
                                      Is it may be the main board faulty

Best Regards,
                                      Dulaj
                                      Attached Files

Comment

when Module pulling over current because of burned cells. it will trick sos signal from T-CON to MB and from PSU to MB.. depending on the model type.
                                        my post #17 only the answer i can give to you.

Comment

Working...
                                        X