VIZIO M552i-B2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIZIO M552i-B2

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for a VIZIO M552i-B2. I'm new and I spent 4 hours online, even signed up with a paid service and found BOOK SALES in the end. I did shoot through the sticky notes but didn't find anything that said wiring diagrams. Are they to be had or do I have to wait for the right to repair bill to be passed in calif?

Thanks for your response and welcome to the board!

Re: VIZIO M552i-B2

What is the problem with your tv?

Comment

Current symptoms is tv presents with no picture. Screen does show back light although a bit dim IMO. When tv is booted the screen displays nothing but a glow at the center of the screen. No indications of sound. When I press menu on the remote I get a different back light pattern but nothing visual - not sure if I'm seeing a horrible display of menu section or back lighting pattern. I was looking to isolate and prove the t-con board vs the mb -main board vs lcd display. T-con board was replaced as a shot in the dark purchased from amazon. I do have 26v at backlight pannel and 12 at main board with 5 and 12 volts at t-conn. Remote functions as expected limited to no visual proof.
      I need the wiring diagrams to test out components and not fire the parts cannon at the tv. I have the tools for component level repair, just need the data.

Comment

You are in luck! All you need to fix your set is:
        1. Leaded solder
        2. Solder sucker
        Reflow the connector between the power board and the led driver board. I then remove the solder one at a time to get rid of the lead-free solder and then resolder for good.
        Then I glue down the black connector to the power board. There are 2 rows of pins. Row 1 are all common and row 2 are all common, you could run a line across each row. Dont bridge row 1 to row 2.
        I'll bet your connection looks like this picture.
        Attached Files

Comment

No, sorry I looked at that, it's fine.. and thanks.. any idea where I can get wiring diagrams?

Comment

Check all the 000 resistors on the led driver board. I think I count 6.
            Attached Files

Comment

Seems like the backlight is working, pressing menu has an effect on the backlight which would be expected as the backlight would be dim without any video.
              Try disconnecting one of the cables between the panel and t-con, see if you get half picture, then reconnect and try disconnecting the other cable between panel and t-con.

Disconnect & reconnect cables with tv unplugged.

Comment

6 resistors at 6 locations are not broken @ .6 to .7 ohms
                My board pictured below
                Attached Files

Comment

oh things just got interesting: ok in reference to me facing the tv from the front:

I removed the tcon board's ribbon to the display right hand side and 3/4 of the right hand screen lit up very brightly and tappers off to the left see picture 1

Then I removed the tcon board's ribbon to the display left hand side and 3/4 of the right hand screen it up dimly in comparison to the first test and has the exact same pattern showing on the screen just dimmer. picture 2
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok fortunately I do have another tcon board with all references the same I swapped out the board.

From the second board round of test:
                    I removed the tcon board's ribbon to the display right hand side and 3/4 of the right hand screen lit up very brightly and tappers off to the left.

Then I removed the tcon board's ribbon to the display left hand side and 3/4 of the right hand screen it up dimly and darker than the first boards test in comparison to the first test and has the exact same pattern showing on the screen just dimmer much dimmer. see picture 2

ON either test I didn't hear sound or OSD just what is in the picture
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by ca2014mp2; 04-25-2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Sometimes if the panel has a problem, this test can show a picture on either half of the screen. since there is no real video, it could be a faulty main board, the issue of no audio could just be the tv is set to the wrong source, sometimes connecting a hdmi source will automatically switch to the correct input and then you might have sound.

Comment

Well that is what i'm after, what test do you want to do to get us there?

Comment

what about the osd or the Viszio logo on boot up. Is that generated from the MB? I can hook up a HDMI but with no image it wont prove anything. For this test are we thinking that the tcon and display are good? Or maybe a better question is what have we proven with this test?

Comment

Can you please upload good clear hi-res pictures of the whole T-CON board? There should be a bunch of Voltage points that you can check.
                            Never stop learning
                            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I suggested the hdmi source just to see if the main board produced audio, Anything could be causing the issue on the main board, even a corrupt eeprom.
                              The osd and logo come from the main board, I'm not sure how you can track down the problem, You said you already replaced the t-con and that did'nt change anything so I would guess the fault is on the main board.

I have a scope to check for video signals on the main, lvds cable and t-con so I don't have to guess where the fault is located.

Comment

Tcon board front and back Hi-res
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                                  I suggested the hdmi source just to see if the main board produced audio, Anything could be causing the issue on the main board, even a corrupt eeprom.
                                  The osd and logo come from the main board, I'm not sure how you can track down the problem, You said you already replaced the t-con and that did'nt change anything so I would guess the fault is on the main board.

I have a scope to check for video signals on the main, lvds cable and t-con so I don't have to guess where the fault is located.
                                  Well come on with those measurements and where you took them. I have two scopes here. I'm setting up for the HDMI test but it will be in 30 min.

Comment

Check the Voltages on the T-CON without having the cables between T-CON and the LCD panel connected first.
                                    Voltage test points around U2 (LCD power supplies): HVDD, VCC, VDD, VGH, VGL.
                                    On the left side of the board: VEPI, VCORE.
                                    Then do the same test with cables back in place.
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post

Ok, on this test I didn't see any osd but it was clear that my inputs from the remote where having an effect on the tv. Shades of back light were turning up and down in brightness. After playing with the input button and doing different combinations I was able to get a flicker, just a few vertical lines that quickly disappeared to just a white screen. And then the audio came in. It was nice and clear. so I've proved sound have half a white screen but no image.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                        Check the Voltages on the T-CON without having the cables between T-CON and the LCD panel connected first.
                                        Voltage test points around U2 (LCD power supplies): HVDD, VCC, VDD, VGH, VGL.
                                        On the left side of the board: VEPI, VCORE.
                                        Then do the same test with cables back in place.
                                        tv plugged in lcd panel disconnected:
                                        HVDD,7.87
                                        VCC,3.325
                                        VDD, 15.72
                                        VGH, 28.19
                                        VGL. 5.12

VEPI,1.813
                                        VCORE.1.205

tv plugged in lcd panel connect:
                                        HVDD, .8 mv
                                        VCC, 3.327
                                        VDD, 2.3mv
                                        VGH, -202.4mv
                                        VGL. -5.13

VEPI, 1.811
                                        VCORE. 1.205 -- but drops to zero after 10 min during verification process.

all measurement are volt unless specified different

Comment

Working...
                                        X