Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio P55-C1 : No video and sound

Hello everyone ,

I'm having issue with my P55-C1. When pressing the power button the white led come ON , but there's no image or sound. I can see the led strips turning ON for some time and then they turn back off , this cycle goes on until I unplug the TV. I would say 15 seconds ON , 30 seconds OFF

I also noted that when the led strips are ON , there's a buzzing noise coming from the powerboard

After removing the backplate , I checked with a multimeter the voltage on the connector going from the powerboard to the mainboard , all pin label 19v had the right voltage. The DC Voltage is only present when the led strips are ON

I did a visual inspection of the mainboard or the powerboard , I didn't see any components that seemed to have failed (again , this was a very basic inspection)

Any idea to troubleshoot this further ?

Thank you

Re: Vizio P55-C1 : No video and sound

In order for folks here to help you better please post clear focused pictures of the back of the TV with the cover off showing the layout of all the boards in the TV and individual pictures of each board. Also please use the search feature to see if others have maybe asked the same or a similar question.

Thanks!
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Here's a picture of the powerboard , mainboard and a general view of the Tv
      Attached Files

Comment

Nicks TV has a repair service for the main board so likely BGA issues on it. Check the symptoms on his ebay listing. https://ebay.us/fQ1yCa

Comment

Haha, I like that it's the new standard. Nick's got a service, it's probably BGA.

While that is true for a large portion of our services, that is not always the case. But in this case yes neilc6 is correct 9 times out of 10 for these models that will be the issue.

Comment

Working...
          X