LG 47LW6500-UA Screen/Image Quality Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 47LW6500-UA Screen/Image Quality Problem

I got this TV from a friend. It could not be turned on. After checking the internet (including this forum), I decided to try reflowing the bga chips with heat gun. The first one I tried is the one covered with a small heat sink, but that did not make the tv work. Then I tried reflowing the main processor which is covered by a large heat sink, and I did make the tv works again. (I removed the heat sinks before reflowing).

However, I found that the screen/image quality is with problem. Please see the attached photos. Did my reflowing damage something and make the screen like this? Can this problem be fixed?
    Attached Files

Re: LG 47LW6500-UA Screen/Image Quality Problem

Most likely the problem is still with main board. But you can ask your fried if this problem was there before or not.
    Did you follow reflow profile? If not, it could be too little or too much heat.
    PCB could be damaged if it was not pre-baked and if too much heat was applied.

Comment

Originally posted by tmhobadcap View Post
      i got this tv from a friend. It could not be turned on. After checking the internet (including this forum), i decided to try reflowing the bga chips with heat gun. The first one i tried is the one covered with a small heat sink, but that did not make the tv work. Then i tried reflowing the main processor which is covered by a large heat sink, and i did make the tv works again. (i removed the heat sinks before reflowing).

However, i found that the screen/image quality is with problem. Please see the attached photos. Did my reflowing damage something and make the screen like this? Can this problem be fixed?
      Forgot 1 more photo.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alfatv View Post
        Most likely the problem is still with main board. But you can ask your fried if this problem was there before or not.
        Did you follow reflow profile? If not, it could be too little or too much heat.
        PCB could be damaged if it was not pre-baked and if too much heat was applied.
        Thanks for your reply. My friend said "There were no problems I could see... but it did have a similar problem that was corrected about 5 years ago."

I did not follow reflow profile strictly. But I did heat it up slowly. I gradually increased the temperature and at each temperature I stayed there for about 2 minutes. The final maximum temperature shown on my hot air system was 340 degree celisus.

Comment

Reflow it again, you most likely didn't reflow correctly. make sure to use flux

Comment

I have fixed the image/screen problem. I unplugged and plugged back the connectors connecting the main board and the T-con board, and the problem has gone. Most probably, I did not plug them back properly after reflowing the main board.

Comment

Working...
            X