Imac a1225 no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imac a1225 no power

Hi. I need help with an imac a1225. I have the 4 lights on the board but the fan does not work, nor does it give video on the screen. Does nothing. If someone can provide me with the bios of this team, it would help me. Thank you

Re: Imac a1225 no power

Hi. If you are still trying to repair this computer, power down and remove the display wiring. This means remove the LVDS cable (carefully - has the latch); the thermal sensor wire; the backlight power supply cable harness.

Be very careful to NOT touch any of the power supply areas which are exposed and can be lethal and are a shock hazard.

Even better to unplug, attempt to turn on the power button to drain the power supply and/or let it sit for a few hours before attempting the above.

Then power on without the display.

Now the iMAC should sense the loss of the thermal sensor and kick on the fans.

Do the fans kick into hyper mode? It did for our A1312 chassis.

The 4 lights ON is a very good sign but without the display, you will see only 3 lights ON. The last light = LCD display not communicating with the video card and that is to be expected since the display is removed.

Comment

Working...
    X