Asus X441UA Admin password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus X441UA Admin password

Hello Guys, I'm back. I really have zero knowledge on how to modify or edit bios file/bin. So I hope you guys can help me once again.

I have here an Asus x441ua-ga081t (i3-7100 variant) with a failed hard drive. So owner bought a Sata SSD for replacement. Unfortunately, laptop wont boot to any usb device. When entering bios, it's asking for password. I can enter uefi bios by pressing just enter or leave it blank on password screen.

I immediately notice that I'm just a guest or a user because most of the options are greyed out. I cannot even change boot sequence. I also checked "SECURITY" tab and it shows the "ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD STATUS" is Installed. So at this point I knew that bios needs to be modified.

Owner explained that he can still boot to old hard drive but it is very slow and hard disk sentinel shows failure status. He also mentioned that a month back asus winflash updated his bios to version 324. Upon searching the net I don't see this version of his bios. 316 is the latest that I found.

I uploaded bios file from chip w25q64fvsig. This is a working one but with admin password installed.

Another thing, the Alt+R or rescue password method no longer works with this model. Thanks very much. Hope to hear from you guys soon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lezsimply; 09-21-2020, 04:17 PM.

Re: Asus X441UA Admin password

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
    Hello Guys, I'm back. I really have zero knowledge on how to modify or edit bios file/bin. So I hope you guys can help me once again.

I have here an Asus x441ua-ga081t (i3-7100 variant) with a failed hard drive. So owner bought a Sata SSD for replacement. Unfortunately, laptop wont boot to any usb device. When entering bios, it's asking for password. I can enter uefi bios by pressing just enter or leave it blank on password screen.

I immediately notice that I'm just a guest or a user because most of the options are greyed out. I cannot even change boot sequence. I also checked "SECURITY" tab and it shows the "ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD STATUS" is Installed. So at this point I knew that bios needs to be modified.

Owner explained that he can still boot to old hard drive but it is very slow and hard disk sentinel shows failure status. He also mentioned that a month back asus winflash updated his bios to version 324. Upon searching the net I don't see this version of his bios. 316 is the latest that I found.

I uploaded bios file from chip w25q64fvsig. This is a working one but with admin password installed.

Another thing, the Alt+R or rescue password method no longer works with this model. Thanks very much. Hope to hear from you guys soon.
    try..
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Re: Asus X441UA Admin password

Thanks very much for the fix peste. It worked perfectly. I can now modify options in bios and even select boot device order. The Admin security status shows "not installed". Now I can reinstall windows on this device. Thanks again! Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X