I need Suggestions for Good Microscope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need Suggestions for Good Microscope

I have been struggling with my eyes and repairing boards, especially now, that components are so small. About a couple of months ago, I purchased a microscope (link to amazon)
    but it will not allow me to zoom out of the board in a way that I can see more than just one tiny chip/component. The max magnification is ok, but when I zoom out I find that I can't see enough area of the board. Also, it the height is too close to the board for me to work. This one in particular is from 40 to 1000 magnification. I guess, I need to find something that goes under 40, maybe 10 or 20, so I can see more of the board.
    I'm not looking to spend hundreds of dollars on a professional microscope, as I'm not there yet. So I'm writing this to get suggestion from the community here.
    Thanks

Re: I need Suggestions for Good Microscope

I have been using a bench magnifier with lamp and it has worked very well. I don't know the actual maginification, but I'd guess it's around 3x or so. It's good for most work, but if I were doing all SMT, it might not be strong enough.

Not this one, but similar https://www.harborfreight.com/fluore...amp-60643.html

Comment

My S21+ has a magnifying app. Since the camera is 8k, I can literally zoom in to see the skin mites in my leg hair

I wonder if I can hook it to a small monitor and make some kind of holder for it
      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
        My S21+ has a magnifying app. Since the camera is 8k, I can literally zoom in to see the skin mites in my leg hair

I wonder if I can hook it to a small monitor and make some kind of holder for it
        where's the product online?...
        the magnification of my microscope is not bad, it is enough, the problem is that it will not zoom out enough to see a bigger portion of the board. Someone suggested me to get a magnifying bench lamp. But looking through that thing for hours is not easy on your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zentech View Post
          Someone suggested me to get a magnifying bench lamp. But looking through that thing for hours is not easy on your eyes.
          Now that you mention it, I haven't had any eye strain from the bench magnifier yet. I do get some strain from wearing 3x readers after a while.

It might be because I'm not using it 100% of the time, it's easy to swing out of the way when not needed.

Comment

Check below link. excellent product.
            https://northridgefix.com/product-category/microscope/
            No eye piece see on large display.

Comment

Working...
            X