Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips TV keeps restarting, is this MB the same as mine please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips TV keeps restarting, is this MB the same as mine please?

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    if this true its look good for 40 size TV.
    if you buy the ebay one you will have distroubted picture .. put you can inter yours panel code manuly so it become fine.

other things still i cant see any point CSM on MB... can you show me the back side of the MB

ok let me grab a screwdriver to unmount it.

So the ebay one is okay if I put my firmware on it?
    Even if the white stickers dont match?

Comment

yes that one, some philips it can be the number on the bottom of the sticker, suppose it could be the top number as well on some, can be a 12 digit string, don't have to match every single digit on the whole sticker but there's about 12 in the string that should probably match.

Comment

Originally posted by alfonzzo View Post
        ok let me grab a screwdriver to unmount it.

So the ebay one is okay if I put my firmware on it?
        Even if the white stickers dont match?

here it is
        Attached Files

Comment

ok, Diah said you can enter your own code, I believe him, he hasn't lied to me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            yes that one, some philips it can be the number on the bottom of the sticker, suppose it could be the top number as well on some, can be a 12 digit string, don't have to match every single digit on the whole sticker but there's about 12 in the string that should probably match.

ok... so I have to look at all the cards I dismissed on ebay now, to see if the numbers on this sticker match. Lots of work in perspective...

Comment

ok, Diah said you can enter your own code, I believe him, he hasn't lied to me yet.

Diah seems very knowledgeable to me too, fingers crossed

Comment

I'm never comfortable buying a mainboard til I have proven the backlights and powerboard when possible, usually by starting powerboard as stand alone, by using jumper wires or can use resistors for safety, that's WITH cable from powerboard to mainboard UNPLUGGED. not familiar with this board, so I don't know which ones would need to be jumpered.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-02-2022, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I'm never comfortable buying a mainboard til I have proven the backlights and powerboard, usually by starting powerboard as stand alone, by using jumper wires or can use resistors for safety, that's WITH cable from powerboard to mainboard UNPLUGGED.
                  Seems a bit complicated for me but a few days ago I unplugged the cables that link the MB to the powerboard and nothing happened.

Comment

he hasn't lied to me yet.
                    hahaha.. i never lei and here too the issue its not MB.. dont buy.. only mistake i did about csm.. it should be test point on MB SDM... realy i hate philips.. but 40 size as his TV from 2013 the LED BL will be edge not direct.. if they are edge the messuremnts he did not enough to drive 6V double LED as philips used and as i know.

so the questiones to OP yours tV used edege BL or direct.. edge mean the LED strips at the buttom of the screen.. direct BL mean the LED direct behind the screen as many strips.

Comment

hahaha.. i never lei and here too the issue its not MB.. dont buy.. only mistake i did about csm.. it should be test point on MB SDM... realy i hate philips.. but 40 size as his TV from 2013 the LED BL will be edge not direct.. if they are edge the messuremnts he did not enough to drive 6V double LED as philips used and as i know.

so the questiones to OP yours tV used edege BL or direct.. edge mean the LED strips at the buttom of the screen.. direct BL mean the LED direct behind the screen as many strips.

I'm glad I didnt buy the MB then, thanks !
                      Let me make a picture of the bottom of the screen. I'm going to try to open it too to photograph the inside, wait a bit please thank youuuuu

Comment

I thought you need me to check the led on the front panel at the bottom (the little red led that turns on when the tv start) but I'm reading your post and I'm not sure if you need me to check this or something else?
                        Btw I have no more red light when the tv turns on, it disappeared too

Comment

yes, i was thinking those backlight readings were a little strange but wasn't sure.

Comment

If I need to ckeck the LCD panel where are led strips I think it's a massive task to open the whole TV to access this. I've seen videos on yt about replacing led strips, it's tough...
                            You need me to do this?

Comment

keep in mind if you take the screen apart, the tv will work with out screen and the BL will turn on so easy to see if one bad or not.

edit: yours screen just 40 size lol.. i took alone 85 size with out damage.
                              Last edited by Diah; 08-02-2022, 03:52 PM.

Comment

but since the logo displays well, doesnt it mean the LCD leds are fine?
                                Last edited by alfonzzo; 08-02-2022, 03:52 PM.

Comment

keep in mind if you take the screen apart, the tv will work with out screen and the BL will turn on so easy to see if one bad or not.

edit: yours screen just 40 size lol.. i took alone 85 size with out damage.
                                  ok I'll try to disassemble everything tomorrow then, after rewatching videos on yt to see how to do it so I don't break everything.

Comment

Originally posted by alfonzzo View Post
                                    but since the logo displays well, doesnt it mean the LCD leds are fine?
                                    i did explain this to you at my post#11 so ab to you.

Comment

maybe better start from the start, check the voltages at the connector on powerboard where cable from powerboard to mainboard plugs in, check in standby[tv plugged in but off] leave probes in place, power on tv take note of both conditions, this is to see if the mainboard is sending all the proper signals to the powerboard. good video example of testing there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocqnqmBxiqY

Comment

because it seems like strange things are happening, indicator light was there now it's gone, so I would start from the start.

Comment

i did explain this to you at my post#11 so ab to you.
                                          thanks, I'm going to take these measurements again, hold on please

maybe better start from the start, check the voltages at the connector on powerboard where cable from powerboard to mainboard plugs in, check in standby[tv plugged in but off] leave probes in place, power on tv take note of both conditions, this is to see if the mainboard is sending all the proper signals to the powerboard. good video example of testing there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocqnqmBxiqY
                                          The TV can't be put on off, I have to unplug it so it turns off.
                                          And it starts right away as soon as I lug it back.
                                          The on/off switch became useless...

Ok let me make Diash's measurement again

Comment

Working...
                                          X